Mini Cooper S 17in wheels on 91 E30 4x100

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fixedsix
    replied
    Originally posted by CreamBeam
    i was wondering how these would look and they look a lot better than i thought they would, might tlook good painted black also
    I agree the wheels need to be painted, so they don't look like mini wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • fixedsix
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    How are you centering the wheel?
    I put spacers on which go past the vehicles hub pilot, so the wheel is only attached with the lug nuts, ( there is NO interfence with the wheel hub bore and the hub pilot on the BMW) I have a stud kit in the front for this test fit.

    I have not driven the car like this. I might not use the wheels at all on the e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • CreamBeam
    replied
    i was wondering how these would look and they look a lot better than i thought they would, might tlook good painted black also

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    You need centering rings. you will get bad vibrations without them.

    ^beat me to it

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    How are you centering the wheel?

    Leave a comment:


  • fixedsix
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Those look terrible. So your spacer necks down to the mini hub bore?
    The spacers on the car are the cheap autozone type (no necks). This thing is a euro beater. I paid $140, for wheel and tires. I was going to paint them up. Of course I rather have a nice set of old school BBS mesh.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Those look terrible. So your spacer necks down to the mini hub bore?

    Leave a comment:


  • poopin04
    replied
    I've always wondered what these would look like on an e30. Not bad!

    Leave a comment:


  • fixedsix
    started a topic Mini Cooper S 17in wheels on 91 E30 4x100

    Mini Cooper S 17in wheels on 91 E30 4x100

    I bought these 4x100 MINI COOPER S wheels with a hub bore of 56.1 for mini. BMW/VW use 57.1. So the wheels don't fit unless I would run a hub centric spacer to clear the hub pilot on the BMW, then attach the wheel.
    The wheels look better with a 10mm-20mm spacers because mini wheels have around a 40 mm offset. The pictures below show the wheel attached with around 10mm spacer. This was just a test fit. Does anyone think this would be a problem? Thoughts? Ideas?



Working...