10" wide wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10" wide wheels?

Im planning on getting 10" wide wheels with meaty tires on the back. I have 8" in the back and front. I also put 2" wheel spacers all around and it only rubbed the inner wheel well with the steering wheel turned all the way to one side. The back rubs on hard bumps and when i have 3ppl in the back. After I rolled the fenders which helped alot. Is there any problems with this idea? will my car instantaneously combust or something?

I am trying to achieve something like this:

Im not building a track car, I just thought this would greatly improve grip on lift off and turns and such.

I just love how aggressive it looks and it probably stays glued to the ground. Has anyone done this before? haha. Also I ran into a problem... its almost impossible to find nice rims that size for a 4x100 bolt pattern. I dont really want to do a 5 lug swap because i see little advantage over 4 lug. other than more rim choices

I know its probably illegal and I might get ticketed so you dont need to tell me twice. Suggestions and comments are appreciated. Thanks

oh god... you will get flamed so hard
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

thats a bit much,no? I had 10s on my e36 and even that was crazy.

Comment

why not buy some better tires? do you have fucking 8000000hp that you need a 10" wide wheel? when the fuck did your e30 become a gtrs3 or a cts-v?

square tire setup on a 8" wheel with some awesome tires and you are done. seriously?

Comment

Theres no need. I'm going to be pushing 400ft/lbs and TRACKING it. If you're not even tracking it, there is absolutely no need. Buy some light wheels, and put grippy tires on. Done.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

You my friend, are wilding for respect. Hey it's your car, overcompensate freely.

Comment

15x8 and 225/50

Done.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                15x8 and 225/45 hankook RS3s

Done.
                Fixed ;)

-NICK

Comment

That will not fit unless you get fender flares. Yes you will need custom rims as used wheels in such sizes are hard to find at a reasonable price. Also that is a lot of wheel for a street car with not much HP, You car will be a lot slower with that setup
                  sigpic

Comment

I have spin werks. Click my link in my sig. If you want something that looks good be prepared to pay $$$$. Work wheels makes plenty of 10inch 15s
                    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

I concur this is nonsense.

Out of interest I put an E92 M3 rear tire (265/30/19) in the rear well of an E30. This is correct size tire for a 10in wide wheel.

Hard up against the inside of the wheel well, the thing sticks out over an inch.

Good luck on your quest to burn more fuel and reduce functionality of your car. Whatever it is, it will be "hella" :)
                      88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                        I concur this is nonsense.

Out of interest I put an E92 M3 rear tire (265/30/19) in the rear well of an E30. This is correct size tire for a 10in wide wheel.

Hard up against the inside of the wheel well, the thing sticks out over an inch.

Good luck on your quest to burn more fuel and reduce functionality of your car. Whatever it is, it will be "hella" :)
                        I did this to mine because of autox. Also my 275/35/15s weigh in less than my 205s do go figure that one out. So other than a larger contact patch the car sees no adverse effects. Plus fender flairs can cover a tire. Why do you think the M3 had box flairs? I will be adding sum later.
                        sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                        The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

10.5" rears

Chances are that most of you remember this car from our old feature of it last year. We happen to have some pictures that we didn't show you the first time and since you all loved it last time, why not show it off again? It's sitting on CCW LM20's…

1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

Uhhh I personally ran 15x8 with 225 race tires for a full season and you can STILL use MORE even with let says 225 hp/torque.....this is a with a new / rebuilt tight diff and only m30b35 powering the car. And it's not even that, you can still go faster in CORNERS with wider tires... many examples of this happening at SCCA events.

I mean, a 225 can only give you so much mechanical grip.... and having more tire if you have the power to back it up CAN still make you go faster.

If that wasn't the case, 4 cylinder MIATAS in CSP class would not be running 15" wheels with 255-275wide tires on all FOUR. Those are aren't, aren't in the top finishes.

You don't need 1000hp to utilize extra grip of wider tires if set up correctly.

OR are you guys flaming him for 2" wide spacers ? LOL
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by tk-421 View Post
                              10.5" rears

Chances are that most of you remember this car from our old feature of it last year. We happen to have some pictures that we didn't show you the first time and since you all loved it last time, why not show it off again? It's sitting on CCW LM20's…

Nobody cares about that crap ^,,,, look at the narrow tires on there.. The point of this topic is to run WIDE TIRES on the 10" wide wheel not 225 on a 10" when an 8" will do the same. :evil:
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X