Lowest offset for 15x8 225/45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowest offset for 15x8 225/45

Hey guys. Like the title says I'm trying to see how low of an offset I can run with a 15x8 and a 225/45 tire. I have TRmotorsport C1s 15x8 et20 and they are a bit sunk for my taste. I have seen only one picture of someone supposedly running 15x8 et0 with a 225 tire.

I'm running H&R race springs with all spring pads all around. I was about to order 20mm spacers for front and rear but I figured that I might as well post in here to see what you guys think. Hopefully somebody has some experience running a really low offset with this wide of a tire.

Thanks in advance, Angelo.
    -1988 BMW 325is - Sold
    -1991 BMW 535i - Parted out
    -1994 BMW 530i/5 - Sold
    -1970 Chevy C10/LWB
    -1973 Chevy C10/SWB stepside
    -1984 Chevy C10/LWB
    -2008 R56 MCS - Dead
    -2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD-OR DCLB

So after removing my front spring pads and putting in some E90 spring plates (hats) I did some experimenting with some washers and some M12x1.5 head bolts i had laying around... Don't judge me on my ghetto-ness!

This is what I came up with

20mm (et 0)

and 25mm (et -5)

My rear fenders are already rolled and if the H&R races were a tad bit stiffer in the rear I think I could run 25mm with a slight pull but alas they aren't, and I carry too many people in my car so 20mm with a slight pull is what I will be going with. I will also be running 5mm spacers in front and a small spring spacer on the rear lower spring perches to level the rear out with the front.

I will be putting the order in for spacers tomorrow. Finished pics and a new sig pic are coming soon! :D
    -1988 BMW 325is - Sold
    -1994 BMW 530i/5 - Sold
    -1970 Chevy C10/LWB
    -1984 Chevy C10/LWB
    -2008 R56 MCS - Dead

Comment

In the pics, did you do anything for the front wheels or is it still sitting at ET20?

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
      '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
      '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
      '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
      '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy350 View Post
        Hey guys. Like the title says I'm trying to see how low of an offset I can run with a 15x8 and a 225/45 tire. I have TRmotorsport C1s 15x8 et20 and they are a bit sunk for my taste. I have seen only one picture of someone supposedly running 15x8 et0 with a 225 tire.

I'm running H&R race springs with all spring pads all around. I was about to order 20mm spacers for front and rear but I figured that I might as well post in here to see what you guys think. Hopefully somebody has some experience running a really low offset with this wide of a tire.

Thanks in advance, Angelo.
        what r u running in this foto?...just to be clear.

15 x 8...et 20...and 225/45 15?....
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

It looks to me that the red car is not his, but the picture he mentions.

Comment

Originally posted by slippery View Post
            ahhh.....I see...oops.

I run Hr race and I just can't see how running 0 offset will ever work on a 225/45......I would say the fenders must be pulled a bit not jus rolled.

based on your pics...I say rub a dub in real world use.......unless you bang up to crazy spring rates......and even then?
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by kennyvb View Post
              In the pics, did you do anything for the front wheels or is it still sitting at ET20?
              In the pic i did not do anything for the fronts. They were still at et20.

Originally posted by slippery View Post
              Slippery, you are correct. I found that picture through a google search and in the thread the poster mentioned he was running 15*8 et0 with a 225 tire. No other specs were given.
              -1988 BMW 325is - Sold
              -1994 BMW 530i/5 - Sold
              -1970 Chevy C10/LWB
              -1984 Chevy C10/LWB
              -2008 R56 MCS - Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post

I run Hr race and I just can't see how running 0 offset will ever work on a 225/45......I would say the fenders must be pulled a bit not jus rolled.

based on your pics...I say rub a dub in real world use.......unless you bang up to crazy spring rates......and even then?
                I plan on pulling them a bit. Hopefully a small spacer on the rear springs will help out with that as well.

I think I've found some spacers locally so well see how it works out.
                :up:
                -1988 BMW 325is - Sold
                -1994 BMW 530i/5 - Sold
                -1970 Chevy C10/LWB
                -1984 Chevy C10/LWB
                -2008 R56 MCS - Dead

Comment

I'm running 15x8 et:-5 with 195s and I rub on hard turns so I can't imagine not rubbing with 225s without seriously pulling your fenders a lot.

Comment

I just put on some 15x8 et13 wheels with 225/50 tires. I wish they were et25 ish because they stick out a bit in the front. The car rides high in the front so I am planning to lower it soon. The back looks great and does not seem to rub(nobody has ridden in the back yet). I will try to post a picture or 2 tomorrow.

Comment

BTW- mine is an 89 convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
                        I'm running 15x8 et:-5 with 195s and I rub on hard turns so I can't imagine not rubbing with 225s without seriously pulling your fenders a lot.
                        Really? With my final set-up of 15x9 et0 205/50 the rear didn't rub at all. Guess it depends on offsets and the amount of fender work. My new set-up will be 16x8 et14 225/50

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

So 20mm was a no go, as some of you expected.. Though they don't rub as bad as my old setup, I've become somewhat of a sissy would prefer little to no rubbing.

But along with the 20mms I also bought 15mms.

15mm works well and so far it only rubs when pushing it REALLY hard through a corner. So as of now the 20s are for sale! If they don't sell I may try them again in the future when I find some material to make some rear spring spacers.

Thanks again guys. Pictures of finished product and for sale link for spacers coming soon!
                          -1988 BMW 325is - Sold
                          -1994 BMW 530i/5 - Sold
                          -1970 Chevy C10/LWB
                          -1984 Chevy C10/LWB
                          -2008 R56 MCS - Dead

Comment

Working...
                          X