Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, I need 245's. what are my wheel options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I need 245's. what are my wheel options?

According to my quick calculations, I would need 17x8's with 13-15mm offset. Anyone care to point me to some wheels?

So far I've only found Team dynamics Pro race 1's with a 20mm offset. I would rather not use spacers but I will if I must.

Thanks!

With 17x8s and 245s you can get away with ET22 or so, no need to push out that far.

Aren't the TDs 7.5"?

Comment

8.5-9 would be better for 245s. 8 seems a bit small.

16x8.5 Koseis.

Comment

Originally posted by permit
        8.5-9 would be better for 245s. 8 seems a bit small.

16x8.5 Koseis.
        Problem is, 245/45/16 tires (the smallest 245-width 16" tires available) will chew the shit outta your bodywork. They're just way too big.

With 17's, you can do 245/35/17 (you know, just saying).

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
          Problem is, 245/45/16 tires (the smallest 245-width 16" tires available) will chew the shit outta your bodywork. They're just way too big.

With 17's, you can do 245/35/17 (you know, just saying).
          That was my plan. I personally think 17"s look too big on e30's and would prefer 16"s, but there are no tires available! 17's will do the job.

Find me some 17x8.5's and I'll rock those instead! Offset is very critical though. I think a 8.5" wheel would need to be et8-10.

Comment

17x8.5" wheel and 245/35, you can get away with ET17. Seriously.

Comment

ok, so do any wheels exist in that size? in 4-lug? I'm having trouble finding them!

Comment

You're looking at Germany for wide 17" 4-lug wheels.

Go to www.tunershop.com, enjoy.

Comment

Thanks alot for your help man.

So if 17x8.5 et17 will fit I shouldnt have any problems with 17x8 et20, right?
                  I can get the Pro race's for under $200 and they are pretty light for a wheel that size (18lbs)

8" is the minimum rim width for 245's too.

Looks like I found my wheel!

Comment

I thought you just got some new toyos. whats wrong with them?

Comment

Actually I had a blowout and needed tires quick so I went with some falken zeix's. Toyo's were backordered at the time.

I'll put snow tires on soon, sell my kosei's, and put the 17's/245's on in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
                        Thanks alot for your help man.

So if 17x8.5 et17 will fit I shouldnt have any problems with 17x8 et20, right?
                        I can get the Pro race's for under $200 and they are pretty light for a wheel that size (18lbs)

8" is the minimum rim width for 245's too.

Looks like I found my wheel!
                        Enjoy!

Comment

Why do you need a 245 tire? A 225 on an 8" rim will in fact handle AND grip better than a 245 on an 8" rim once you have reached the ideal tire pressure.

8" is the bare minimum for a 245.

P.S. I know, I know - 245s would look bad ass.
                          87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

interesting point. I found some 17x9's, think there's any way I could possibly fit them under the fenders with the "perfect" offset?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
                              interesting point. I found some 17x9's, think there's any way I could possibly fit them under the fenders with the "perfect" offset?
                              There's really only about 8.25" of width in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X