My e38 style 5 drill/fill progress -wheels painted /measurement/info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My e38 style 5 drill/fill progress -wheels painted /measurement/info

I saw these and really liked the way they look on E30s, OEM - a little bigger with a similar euroweave look. Not knocking 3pc wheels but the 318 is pretty light and i don't want to be counterproductive with the weight. Other wheels i plan on getting are TRMotorsports C1, but that's another topic.

I won't run the center cap, I think they look better without them. They will be redrilled and then the center will be machined flat so there won't be any material there leaving a clean look. after that, sanded and blasted then painted OEM silver. pic of progress

the smaller holes are for wheel alignment but they are also going to be filled.

- hubcentric rings bought. still looking for different quality types
    - looking to buy custom spacers as well
    - and will also get some extended bolts
    Last edited by keefy6; 03-02-2012, 03:24 AM.
    My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
    1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
    IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
    1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

I kinda like the machined flat look, must see em on the car to know for sure.

But I do like the style 5's with the caps on as well.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

yea i like them too actually, a few i've seen that were painted black and nogaro look pretty good, but the center not being clean bugs me. and in order to have that, i would lose the center cap.
      IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.

Comment

good call on not running center caps. i, too, have always found style 5s better bare looking

Comment

Sweet, can't wait to see them finished !
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Those look awesome!! My only gripe is it no longer shows info about the wheel like offset and such, unless that's on the back?
            -Alex

Comment

noticed you are in VA... where did you get this done and how much? pm if you want

Comment

Nice work. I bet they will look nice once they are done. Someone was selling a pair of custom spacer for the style 5s. Not sure if they sold yet.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

hey thanks everyone, i think they will turn out pretty good. haven't returned to VA yet though. i'm not really concerned about the info as it's pretty easy to find it as well. as far as the spacers there is a vendor/manufacturer here on r3v who manufactures the spacer and hub ring as one and am interested so i may go that route. hopefully the wheels will be finished within the week.

Comment

OP, If you are going for a clean center look, you will like the fill&drill below.
                    Its better to add metal to the bore surrounding area than drill it out. What do you think?
                    (E39 style 5 in the pic but this has been done on E38, i don't have a pic)

» PARTS FOR SALE
                    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                      noticed you are in VA... where did you get this done and how much? pm if you want
                      +10000

I am in NoVA and have a couple sets of e38 wheels that I want to have f&d'ed. Please share the shop or PM me if you want. Every shop I called wouldn't do it. Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      BMW e30 318is
                      BMW e30 318iC
                      BMW e28 528is
                      Range Rover HSE
                      Ferrari F355 GTB

Comment

Blackout that looks great and great idea as well!.

everyone, i spoke to the shop a little while ago and mentioned the interest on this forum and another forum. he said he wants to finish mine first then talk about other potential jobs. they are really honest and helpful and take pride in their work so i'll have to hold off for now...but my wheels should be done this week so i could get the info to everyone within the week:)

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
                          Blackout that looks great and great idea as well!.

everyone, i spoke to the shop a little while ago and mentioned the interest on this forum and another forum. he said he wants to finish mine first then talk about other potential jobs. they are really honest and helpful and take pride in their work so i'll have to hold off for now...but my wheels should be done this week so i could get the info to everyone within the week:)
                          thats respectable. Keep us updated! :)

Comment

update as requested, received today

They are going to paint the factory gloss silver that i requested after sanding down all the milling lines on the centers of the wheels.

Comment

ooo thats looking good..

Comment

Working...
                              X