Question about 15" BBS RS Replicas and BBS Lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 15" BBS RS Replicas and BBS Lips

So I'm gonna go ahead and start by saying that I'm referring to the red car in this post

Holy shit, sexiness, sexiness, and sexiness

I have 17s right now, but I really like how these 15's with the lips and the stretched tires look.. I found these STR brand BBS RS replicas on ebay for like 550 shipped, which would be more viable for me than over 1K for the real thing..

Question is, if I could get the lips, would I be able to pop them on to these? Or if I buy these would I have to just keep the lips that are on them? I'm super new to stancing, wheels and suspension so treat me like a child on this.. Thanks guys
    Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

Not likely cause the replicas arent gonna be 3 or even 2 piece rims some the lips wont come off

Comment

No, reps are one piece. I mean...I guess you could get them cut, widened and welded but at that point I'm sure you'd be creeping on real RS prices.

These come in 15x8 with a 3" lip, though...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

There is a lot to this and it has been covered a lot on the internet but basically true BBS RS are 3 peice, an outer lip, a face and a barrel. When adding wider lips you alter overall rim width and offset. You need to make sure the barrels you have e.g. 6" wide, with the lips you want e.g. 3" wide, will create the overall width and offset you want.

in terms of making your own set, you can get cheapish sets of BBS RS at times, especially in 15s as they may not be as popular (16s are ideal size for E30). Also you can look for ones in another PCD such as 114.3 and have them redrilled, but you have to ensure the centre hub area is solid (some have 'pockets' in the back).

If i were wanting to make cheap ones myself, i would find someone who imports from Japan and get them to import two pairs (usually cheaper in pairs) that are either 4x100 or can be redrilled. Then i would budget a full rebuild (lips, repaint or powdercoat faces, tidy up barrels, new fasteners, new hex nuts, new badges). You can also get diferent height or style hex nuts and different types of bolts.

People who rebuild BBS RS spend big money. If you can buy some complete in specs etc you want fully rebuilt at like $2000-2500 it probably isnt a bad deal...!

Comment

Working...
        X