Yokohama S-Drives

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dirtboy
    replied
    Originally posted by brutus87
    I have a set in 205/55/15, love them. Grippy and quiet on the road.
    Same here...

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by kung fu jesus
    Awesome! Thanks for that!
    You bet!

    Leave a comment:


  • kung fu jesus
    replied
    Originally posted by agent
    I have DWSs on my DD (E39), and have been very happy with them. They're not quite as grippy as the DWs I had on it previously, though I'm betting on more than 20k out of the DWSs.
    Awesome! Thanks for that!

    Leave a comment:


  • brutus87
    replied
    I have a set in 205/55/15, love them. Grippy and quiet on the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    I have them right now on my 17x8 Apex ARC-8s. They're very grippy, I like them.

    Leave a comment:


  • n0m4d
    replied
    If it makes any difference, I have had two sets of S-Drives and both were made in the USA. I had a set on my MR2 and a set on an e30 and found them to be quiet and sticky.

    Leave a comment:


  • mtlbloodshot
    replied
    If you plan on stretching a S Drive.. Forget about that happening. The sidewalls of them are very very stiff and will not stretch

    Leave a comment:


  • mark///m3
    replied
    Originally posted by einstein57
    Horrible tires. Lots of tread squirm, loud when turning even at low speeds, horrible traction in the wet, and overly priced IMHO. Better off with falkens, kumho, nitto, federal, sumitumo.
    I'll agree with the tread squirm...Mine were horrible until they had maybe 1-2k miles on them. Other then that I like them, I rarely drive my car in the rain but when I do I never have any trouble other then a v8 trying to take off in the rain.... Good for the money

    Leave a comment:


  • spike68
    replied
    I have a set of S drives now. Ive been pretty impressed with them. They havent lasted as long as they should have cause i have camber and toe issues, but I still think theyre fantastic. They have good grip and the tread design is pretty attractive.

    I approve of these.

    I have them in 215-40-16 on a 16x9 wheel

    Leave a comment:


  • street_127
    replied
    I have looked into the tires that you guys suggested, but most of them do not come in a 14 inch wheel. I am running basketweaves, and the the only tire that I can seem to find on tirerack is the s-drive. Also, I have a truck so driving the car in bad weather is not necessary. I really just need a tire that is good for dry weather. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but I think I'm going to go with the s-drives for now.

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by kung fu jesus
    Looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS for the next set for the daily driver.
    I have DWSs on my DD (E39), and have been very happy with them. They're not quite as grippy as the DWs I had on it previously, though I'm betting on more than 20k out of the DWSs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Schwarz
    replied
    Had a set of 215/40/16s and they looked nice and felt nice. Downfall is the wear, without correction in the back of my E30, they were gone in 6 months.

    Leave a comment:


  • kung fu jesus
    replied
    Had two sets on my e36M3, one set on my '99 Miata.
    Very good tire for a DD. Tread wear is OK, but have always found Yokohamas wear a little quicker than indicated. OK in the rain, quieter than Kumho, Falkens. Not a great persformance tire, but very comfortable and predictable.

    Looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS for the next set for the daily driver.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZoomZoomBoom
    replied
    I'd go with a few other tires than those, including BF Goodrich Sport Comp2, Kumho LE Sport, and Sumitomo HTR Z III.

    Leave a comment:


  • htown318is
    replied
    running 215 40 17, great tires for the price imo. its been pretty shit weather in houston with the rain, and they hold their own. i dont drive slow either.

    though ive had them for 5k miles. still quiet smooth and responsive. can get falkens but ive not had good luck with those.

    goodluck with your choice!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...