Super Stagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Stagger

Maybe im crazy, but what do you guys think about doing a 15x7.5 rim up front with a 16x8.5 in the rear? ofcourse tires of the correct size would be run, but other than that.... any thoughts?
    -Greg
    90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
    b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Yay, understeer.

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

How much added understeer would there really be if tiresizes were close, ie. 205's up front and maybe 215's in the rear?

Does a 205/50/16 tire have a bigger contact patch than the 205/50/15?
      -Greg
      90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
      b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Understeer!

"tires of the correct size would be run"
        "if tire sizes were close"
        Larger rears are usually for cars with a problem putting down a lot of power.
        Not quite an E30 concern. But then again maybe that setup will "look" like that's your problem.

Comment

At 16" tire will always have a larger longditudinal contact patch than an equivalent 15" tire.

Comment

Originally posted by bobross
            How much added understeer would there really be if tiresizes were close, ie. 205's up front and maybe 215's in the rear?

Does a 205/50/16 tire have a bigger contact patch than the 205/50/15?
            I assume you're just wanting to do it for the look. I don't think a staggered setup looks bad, but I don't think it would look any better than the correct size wheels and tires on an e30. And I think you'd be much happier with the way it handled with the correct size tires.

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by bobross
              Maybe im crazy, but what do you guys think about doing a 15x7.5 rim up front with a 16x8.5 in the rear? ofcourse tires of the correct size would be run, but other than that.... any thoughts?
              This look got started with the Porsche 911. It didn't have anywhere near the balance our e30s have. It needed bigger tires in back.

Of course, drag racers do this, too for obvious reasons.

E30s do not need it, and if I saw it on another e30 driving around, my first impression would not favorable. More like "there goes someone without any idea of tire and suspension dynamics"...but hey, whatever floats your boat...

Comment

Working...
              X