BBS Style 5s RC 090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS Style 5s RC 090

Had a buddy in NY pick these up for me from a add I saw on Craigslist. Not shown in the pictures is the 5th Style 5 (spare) but out of the 5 there are only 2 that are needing some attention on the lip. The others are ok but it doesn't really matter because I'm planning on rebuilding all 5. They also came with conti sport tires and although they wont fit my E30 because they are original size E39 tires I will be selling them (Conti Sports I believe). I was able to pick up all 5 with 4 centercaps and the centercap tool for $500.

I should be getting them down here to Florida in the next couple weeks.

sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

lots of bends, but thats pretty normal for these wheels after so many years.

Comment

Are you saying lots of bends as a general statement or do you see lots of bends on the wheels above? I had a friend I grew up with in NY go get the wheels so I haven't seen them in person so I'm curious about your statement.

I found a BBS thread here on R3V so I will be reading most if not all of the 93 pages of it before I do anything to the wheels.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Mine have a few small bends in them but nothing major to affect balancing or issues holding air...then again, I got mine for free!

They're very easy to rebuild. Soak the bolts in PB blaster for a day. Hammer them out, remove the barrel and start sanding and polishing.
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

And I thought I got mine for cheap...lol

sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
            Are you saying lots of bends as a general statement or do you see lots of bends on the wheels above? I had a friend I grew up with in NY go get the wheels so I haven't seen them in person so I'm curious about your statement.

Thanks
            i count 3 or 4 bends in the wheels you posted pictures of.

Comment

I guess you've been around these wheels enough to know what to look for. Thanks for the heads up.
              sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

no problem. still a good deal at $500 with tires, you can always get them straightened for pretty cheap.

Comment

What r the waffle or center cap options with this rim

Comment

Originally posted by rasjgo1 View Post
                    You PMed me the other day, I replied and you never answered. You said you had 4 sets...of what?

sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rasjgo1 View Post
                      none besides the stock ones. different size than other bbs wheels.

Comment

I have four sets of bbs rc090
                        & I'm trying to set them up with a RS waffle centers

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Anyone try this or know how to do this or even the bbs waffle part# needed to attempt this

Comment

1) he had to machine the wheels themselves
                            2) he had to make an adapter
                            3) he uses some 'super secret' bbs waffle (what a dick for not sharing)
                            4) you have to buy those bbs hex nuts

too much effort for not enough gain. this sounds like $500 for waffle center caps LOL

Comment

R3VLimited

1) he had to machine the wheels themselves
                              2) he had to make an adapter
                              3) he uses some 'super secret' bbs waffle (what a dick for not sharing)
                              4) you have to buy those bbs hex nuts

too much effort for not enough gain. this sounds like $500 for waffle center caps LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X