Style 5 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style 5 questions

Hi I'm new to this site, but not new to BMW I've owned a couple including my 540I/6 and 1968 1600. I want to get an e30, but i have some questions about wheel fitment. If i were to convert to the 5 lug setup probably using e36 parts would I be able to run my e39 style 5's or would there be a fitment issue.

Offset spacer and hub bore adapter.

Comment

It's going to poke unless you run camber plates up front
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

If you're doing it solely for wheels you might as well get adapters over a 5 lug swap
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

From doing a lot of research I believe there are only 2 ways of properly installing E39 Style 5s on a non M E30.

1. Get them redrilled to 4x100 and use hubrings.
          2. Use 5-Lug parts from E30 M

-- E36 5 lug swap will not work with E39 style 5s...wheels stick out too much due to the E36 hubs sticking out farther than the stock E30s and the offset of the E39 Style 5s.

-- Adapters will not work due to the offset of the E39 Styles 5s either...wheels stick out too much
          sigpic
          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

^^tru story!
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

the best way is to use e30 m3 suspension to get them to fit correctly with the offet. With the e36 parts you will need to camber them a bit and also use hubrings, which I can get for you.
              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
              Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
              LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

There are a lot of people on here running style 5's with adapters, the poke up front doesn't look too bad. I think I'm going to have mine filled and drilled and just roll the fenders a little.
                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X