Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions, this is r3v I know you have em...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions, this is r3v I know you have em...

I've decided to go with 16x8 BBS RS or LM reps (can't afford the real deal, no shit yeah?) and 205/50/16 all around. I'll be on H&R Sports, so there will not be any tuckage. I'm not going any lower, this is my DD and I'm not 19 anymore. Car is an 87 bronzit with cow catcher and soon to be rear valance and IS side skirts. This is just to give you an idea of the overall look I'm going for. Basically early model OEM+ is the goal.

First issue, can't decide if I should go with ET20 or ET25. Based on my ride height and tire choice, any amount of "poke" would look fucktarded. Is ET25 in 16x8 safe? Would like to avoid spacers all together if possible.

Another opinion. I kind of like the idea of gold centers on the bronzit, but can't find any pics of anyone else doing this. Not saying it's never been done, anybody happen to run across or possible photochop?

Oh yeah... don't have any decent pics of this car yet. So let me do this real quick.

Personally, I would avoid gold wheels on a bronzit car because the colors tend to clash. Maybe something like a dark silver would look good. 16x8 ET25 is usually perfect, but 5mm less offset isn't going to burn you. Might look a little better. Also, since you aren't planning on going any lower and you are going for an OEM+ look, I would probably put a wider tire on there. A 205 will be a little stretched depending on the tire used and might look weird if the car isn't all that low. Just my two cents.
    -Alex

Comment

Finding 225/45/16 tires are nearly impossible, at least there are significantly fewer options. I agree that a 225 tire would look better. Maybe I should consider a 15x7 or 15x8 wheel instead. You eased my concern about pokeage, I guess I'd need to be closer to ET0 to really have much of that going on anyway.

Good call on the gold clashing, unless I have the wheel centers sprayed bronzit I'm probably looking for trouble there.

Comment

I've been looking at the Varrstoen V4's for a while now. I love LM's.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
          I've been looking at the Varrstoen V4's for a while now. I love LM's.
          Same here, however I've decided they don't look right unless they are 18" and on a newer model car. That's just me though. Think I'm going either with RS reps or maybe Enkei 92s.

Comment

Look at Lola's thread to give you an idea of fitment. She is currently running 10mm/15mm spacers (F/R) with the RDs which are 16x7.5 ET25. When she was wearing the ET30 Type Cs (also 16x7.5) she had 15mm/20mm spacers. She has a mild roll on the rear arches.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Look at Lola's thread to give you an idea of fitment. She is currently running 10mm/15mm spacers (F/R) with the RDs which are 16x7.5 ET25. When she was wearing the ET30 Type Cs (also 16x7.5) she had 15mm/20mm spacers. She has a mild roll on the rear arches.
              Awesome, love your build threads.

Comment

Working...
              X