16x7.5 or 16x8.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x7.5 or 16x8.....

I have the option of running 16x7.5 or 16x8 on the front of an H&R race lowered E30. What would be the preference or best fit on et and tire size? I do not want to use spacers or roll my fenders. Just a good solid lock to lock with no rub.

Wheels are et 20. 215/40/16 or ???????. Anybody have pics of their front set up with the 16 inch tire size they recommend? Thanks.

G.

Comment

16x7.5 et20 215/45r16 bfg rival, lower than h&r race, does not rub
      BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

My bad. The correct wheel specs is as follows: 16x7.5. Et 15. Front only. Correct tire size would be............?

My apologies for the wrong info. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

i have a 17x8.5 et15 in front and i have all kinda room so you can pretty much run whatever tire you want, when i had 16s on my car i had a 205/40/16 on the front
          IG: haggardfab

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. My problem is right now I'm running 225/45/16 up front. But lock to lock they rub. My current front setup is 16x7.5 et 15. I'm looking at 215/40/16. Just wanted some other options from R3V.

It was no surprise to me that none of the big tire chains could answer any questions about doing a +2 on an E30.

G.

Comment

where does it rub lock to lock? inner fender or the wheel opening
              the tires you have now are bigger then the stock size (overall height) so thats probably why you rub..

Comment

Inner fender. Up near the brake duct. I guess going from 16x9 to 16x7.5 makes all the difference.

However I am confused that 16x9 does not rub and 16x7.5 does. Et15 on both. Car is lowered on h and r sports.
                Last edited by g.ruff561; 10-24-2014, 09:53 AM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Are you running offset m3 style control arm bushings?
                  BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Yes

Comment

Actually the 16x9, et 15, 225/45/16 fit with no rub for 2 years. Car was lowered at that time. I just switched to the 16x7.5 + new control arms. Same tire size. Now I have rub. Wt..........

Comment

the same size tire on a 16x9 will be shorter because of a little stretch then a 225 on a 7.5

thats about the only thing i can think of without seeing it, did you have the offset bushings with both sets of wheels? that will move the lower control arm forward a hair making the tire a little closer

Comment

Yes. I did have M3 cabs with both sets of wheels. The 16x7.5 I put on last month. Another funny things is it rubs only on the passenger side. Another point is the car has a rake suspension. Meaning the front is one inch lower than the rear.

Again I just put new lower control arms on both fronts at the same time I switched from 16x9 to 16x7.5. I think changing to 215/40/16 might resolve my rub. Only problem will be the 215 might lower the front another half inch.

Thanks for the feedback.
                          All the best....................... G.
                          Last edited by g.ruff561; 10-25-2014, 09:13 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Working...
                          X