Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17" Boys

Let talk tire pressures! 215/40-17.

I tend to run them high [38/36 f/r with my current 195/50-15's] which works well with the H&R Sports and Bilstein sports. Anyone have a simmilar set up and would like to share tire pressures?

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Whatever the tire recomends? Unless you go offroading I doubt youll need to be that much under the recomended maximum.
    Back to my roots

Comment

Uh, thats not the idea. The MAX pressure is NEVER the correct pressure. A lot of the adjustments in understeer/oversteer and be adjusted with tire pressure. As well as over inflation and under inflation are both bad for the tire and the drivetrain, not to mention ride quality.

EDIT: Not ment to sound like a dick, kinda came off that way. But thats not the info im looking for, just want a starting point for pressures from people witht he same car.
      Last edited by Hick; 05-18-2006, 08:06 PM.

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I am running 34F/32R, same size tire. KYB's, B+G, otherwise worn out stock crap, 87is.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is
          Let talk tire pressures! 215/40-17.

I tend to run them high [38/36 f/r with my current 195/50-15's] which works well with the H&R Sports and Bilstein sports. Anyone have a simmilar set up and would like to share tire pressures?
          I'm runnning about 37 all around on my Toyo R1s 215/40/17...but simply because I don't really know what else to run. They had 45psi in them after the tires were first mounted...I forgot to let some air out before I drove the car at first. That was scary! Once I put them down to 36-37 the car handled like it should. I have Bilstein sports and H&R sports (coupe) on my Vert.
          Aaron

Comment

Working...
          X