Falken Ziex ZE-512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falken Ziex ZE-512

Anyone have any experience with these tires? I found a bangin' deal on em and I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are on them.

Thanks
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Good tire for driving back and forth to the track. Fine in the wet at full tread. Squirmy, makes a lot of noise when pushed hard, no real grip.

It's a good all-season.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
      Good tire for driving back and forth to the track. Fine in the wet at full tread. Squirmy, makes a lot of noise when pushed hard, no real grip.

It's a good all-season.

-Charlie
      X2, plus poor life, poor balance and HATES grooved roads.

If ya want a cheap great tire, check the General UHP. I fuggin' love mine.

Tirerack.com has them cheap.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I recently purchased these tires and i have no problems with them so far, like mentioned earlier they are good street tires. remeber you get what you pay for. non the less good street tires imo.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. Looks like I'm stayin away from em.
          Definitely dropping the change for some Azenis's then.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I like my 512s. For my driving they are perfect. It all depends what you want them for. They are loud when pushed for sure.

Sold it.

Comment

I have ziex 15s and i like them. They are about half the price of every other tire. And for a daily driver they are comfortable. However i do agree with you guys. They arent for high performance but they make a good DD tire
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                X2, plus poor life
                They have a treadwear of 420 which is pretty good if you want a tire to last.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                  X2, plus poor life, poor balance and HATES grooved roads.
                  Poor life, yes. They wear as fast as RT-215's.

I've had 2 sets (215/40/17 and 225/50/15), both balanced with little weight and never needed re-doing.

They don't seem to tramline at all to me. I think you need to try some real aggressive tires.

Comment

In summary, 512's are quiite sticky street tires, and wear like sticky street tires. They also have soft sidewalls, which is good for daily driving, but bad for 9/10ths and up driving. Below that level of pushing it, they are quote up to the task.

I'm almost religiously using them on all my street wheels.

Comment

They're great all-season tires. Stuck very well in the rain as well!
                      Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Originally posted by MikesJo
                        They're great all-season tires. Stuck very well in the rain as well!
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

They do wear fast. I had 2 sets of 225/50/15 that lasted me about 10k each. The 205/50/15 Azenis is just as wide and lasts about the same in my experience.

Azenis>Ziex

Comment

ziex last as long as azenis? would anyone recommend daily driving azenis over the ziexs?

Comment

I have 10k on my Ziex right now and by the looks of the treadwear, I'm expecting to get AT LEAST another 10k out of them.
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                              X