Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS2 Question

Hey guys,

I hate to start a thread to ask a simple question, but between googling and searching r3v, I haven't found the exact answer I've been looking for.

I have a bone stock 90 vert, and I absolutely love the look of DS2s against our cars. My question is this:

I don't have the means, the space, or the funds to complete a full 5 lug swap correctly, but I have the means to acquire a set of 4x100 to 5x120 adapters that are 20mm thick. These are the thinnest spacers available, as far as I can find.

Will a set of DS2s fit on a stock suspension, with lowering 2-2.5" in the future? If i decide to bag it (pipe dreaming,) will they still fit? I'm currently running bottlecaps with 195/74-14 BFG A/T TA KO tires, and they rub just enough to pull off the undercoating at the rear of the front fenderwells at absolute full lock.

I know a lot of the fitment issues are solved with different tire sizes, but with DS2s being either 17x7.5 or 17x8.5, it doesn't exactly give me a whole lot of wiggle room.

Thanks!
    1990 BMW 325i Cabrio
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse (Lady's Headache)
    Instagram: @papatonymk_e30

So, I've found this wheel offset calculator at JRowny.com, but I'm pretty sure that 77mm measurement is incorrect. Does anybody know the actual measurement? I can't find an accurate vertical hub-to-fender distance for either the front or the rear, and I'm currently away from my vehicle
    Attached Files
    1990 BMW 325i Cabrio
    1994 Toyota Pickup

Comment

Yes, it will work ! 205 4017 in the front and 215 40 17 in the rear the final offset will be +21 front and rear. With a 2 inch drop it will look great but will need a fender roll in the back .....I would also roll the front while there, it couldn't hurt.

I also happen to have a clean set for sale and I am willing to ship! Check my for sale add in the wheels for sale section.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

thanks for the quick answer! ive got a set of near new 225 50 17s in my garage, do you think those would fit with a fender roll?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
        1990 BMW 325i Cabrio
        1994 Toyota Pickup

Comment

Hell NO! they wont fit and even if they did it would look terrible,way to big I recommend the sizes above.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
          X