Redrilling Style 32s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redrilling Style 32s

I love the look of Style 32s on E30s and want to start looking for a set. I see people always fill and drill Style 5s / RSs but they do have the caps.

Has anyone had success with redrilling normal wheels? I'd assume they would need a refinish after the drill.

What size spacers would I have to run to make them work? I'm believe the specs are them are:

17x8 et20
    17x9 et26
    74.1 hub

i dont thing it will look that good. since you dont have the caps, the redrill wont look that nice. but thats up to you and whoever makes the redrilling.
    ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

I agree, not good!
      1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
      1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
      1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
      1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
      2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
      2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
      2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
      2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

It would be hard to fill and then machine it back so it matches, due to material differences/welding. Not saying it couldnt be done but it would be alot of work.

Comment

I also like the look of style 32's on our cars but adapters would be a much better way to go due to the design of the wheel

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Makes sense, I didn't think of the different materials being used. It sounds like I would need to run this by a shop and see what they think.

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
            I also like the look of style 32's on our cars but adapters would be a much better way to go due to the design of the wheel
            I've almost pulled the trigger on adapters a few times. Thing is I'm worried that the offset would give me a lot of wheel poke because of the offset.

Comment

Working...
            X