All season tires for 15x7/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All season tires for 15x7/8

What's going on guys? I hope you are all having a great day.

I've been doing a lot of research recently on some new wheels and tires. I think I've got my mind set on the TRM C1s either 15x8 or 15x7. I would prefer 15x8, but I would settle with 15x7 if I have to. Here's my dilemma: I have researched that the best size for a 15x8 is 225/50r15 (correct me if I am wrong). Problem is that there are no true all season tires in that size that I have found. I would like to buy both the TRMs and tires from Tire Rack since the install is free as a package. I plan to daily drive the car so I don't exactly want track tires that won't last long and I want something that will perform decent in the rain (no snow) and overall. Also, I'm sitting at stock height for now (should be for awhile) and I have an early model.

My questions are: Do you know of any all season tires made in these sizes? If not, what size could I use on either of these to get an all season tire and still fit? I know a 225/60r15 has some options for all season. Or which of the options available in this size will be a good daily drive tire?

I appreciate the help. I'm a noob when it comes to tires and fitment of certain tires, but I have done research to point me in the right direction, but I've hit a wall trying to find some good daily tires.
    Last edited by jdance30; 06-19-2016, 03:14 PM.
    1986 325e Pearl White on Grey Houndstooth 24x,xxx miles M30b35 Swapped
    2002 525i Jet Black on Sand Beige 13x,xxx miles
    "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

We bought Kumho Ecsta 4X II in 205/55-15, on 15x7. They look good. Solid tire. Came from Tire Rack. The "II" is an improved design over the previous version.

There were limited choices in that size, unless you're buying very high performance or DOT track tires.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      We bought Kumho Ecsta 4X II in 205/55-15, on 15x7. They look good. Solid tire. Came from Tire Rack. The "II" is an improved design over the previous version.

There were limited choices in that size, unless you're buying very high performance or DOT track tires.
      I have seen those for 15x7 and the options are very limited for both 15x7 and 8. How was the tread life of the tire?
      "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

Comment

Google your tire by size or do a search on EBay using the tire size.

Comment

I am also running Kumho Ecsta 4X II 205/55-15 on 15x7s. They aren't too bad.

When I run them back-to-back against Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec, the Kumhos have very noticeably softer side walls. However, I think the feedback is still good and they break away fairly progressively. Quieter than the Dunlops too.

I have about 8k miles on each setup, Dunlops and Kumhos, and the ware patterns on the Kumhos seem very inconsistent. The Dunlops have worn completely even. Whereas the Kumhos appear to be anywhere between 25 to 75% worn even with rotating the tires and proper pressure, etc, etc. Could still be something wrong with my setup or possibly inconsistencies from manufacturing. Who knows.

I really do like the Dunlops. Good traction in the damp and cold. However, they hydroplane like crazy over the shallowest of puddles.

I'd like to give the Bridgestone RE003s a try next.

Comment

Thank you guys for your input. I have decided 15x7 is the better wheel size for me and I am currently deciding which tire to go with.

Comment

An application to help you edit audio files. The application guides you through the setup in a simple and intuitive way. In my opinion, this is a great helper.
              Last edited by BrianTim46; 08-05-2021, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X