Tire Fitment on Ronal LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djanalog View Post
    I just purchased a set of these Ronal LS wheels to put in place of the stock bottlecaps. Does anyone know what size center caps go with the 15" Ronal LS wheels or how I can look up that information? Thank you
    At one time i had 6 sets of Ronals (the original ACT German versions from the early 2000's), but i hated the big black RONAL and ACT badges that came on the center cap.

I went to the dealer and bought some replacement Roundel Emblems ( 70mm size, part # 36 13 1 181 079) to use in place of the RONAL or ACT badge.

So what i did was completely remove the big black RONAL (or ACT) badge from the black snap-in insert piece, cleaned off any remaining adhesive, then i roughed up the flat surface of the insert. Then i used thick 3M double-sided tape to adhere the Roundel emblem to the flat face of the insert.

Most people seem to just stick the BMW emblem OVER the Ronal or ACT badge but that sticks too far out and it looks funky. My method recesses it into the center cap and looks more OEM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ronal Cap Roundel Closer reduced.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	9873331 Click image for larger version  Name:	Ronal Cap Roundel Closeup Angle reduced.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	9873332
    Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
    1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
    1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
    1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
    2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
    2005 X3 (little woman's car)
    Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
    Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

This is great info. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

bringing this thread back to life - will any average 74mm center cap fit here (with 70mm emblems), or do i need to try and source a ronal specific center cap?

Comment

Working...
        X