Tires for 14” basketweaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires for 14” basketweaves

I need new tires. It doesn’t seem like there are many good tires out there in 14”. Has anyone recently bought tires and have recommendations? All the threads I find are old and no longer helpful.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up some Falken Azenis 615k's for my 14in weaves and they seem pretty good. 195/60/14 sizing and were a good price, I think tire rack has them for like $94/ea USD.

I haven't mounted them yet, but I'm sure they will be massively better than my old all season currently on them, haha.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

RT615Ks are fine for summer, but if you're after something likely a bit more hard wearing and stock size (195/65-14) you could try the Vredestein Sportracs that Tire Rack has at $87 each. I haven't personally tried them, but I was very happy with my other set of Vredesteins.

There are also Dunlop Star Specs in 195/60, or if you want all seasons you'll probably end up with something fairly boring, maybe General Altimaxes or Kumho Senses in 195/60.

Comment

Never heard of vredsteins which makes me a bit weary. Quite a few choices in 195/60, but don’t really want a smaller diameter if I can help it. But there’s nothing in 205/60.

Comment

I should also say this is going on a convertible with stock suspension.

Comment

From the research I've done, the difference between 65 and 60 sidewall would barely be noticeable.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Thanks. This is the kind of info I need

Comment

It's a 3.2% difference between most 195/65s and 195/60s. However, you should always check total tire diameter.

Vredstein is a European brand, and these tires are made in the Netherlands according to Tire Rack. Falken is a subsidiary of Sumitomo and RT615Ks in this size are made in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                X