16x7 tires? Which

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x7 tires? Which

I've got a set of momo 16x7 et25 wheels I'm going to need to get tires for pretty quickly. I won't be racing with these tires (I've got bottlcaps for that), so they don't need to be crazy. Also, I'm in TX, so I don't need all-seasons or anything like that.
    I'd like them to be:
    pretty good performers
    cheap
    good tread wear

I'd just like to hear what you guys suggest. I'm fine spending a little money, but I'd rather put money into some nice autox tires for the bottlecaps or the turbo project.

'88 325is
    VP UT of Austin Autoholics
    BMWCCA 380364

What size do you want to go with? 205/50/16 or 225/45/16? You might have some troubles with 225's up front, may need a small 3mm spacer to clear the strut on big tires.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I ran 16x7 ET25 wheels, 225/45/16 tires were completely fine up front; still some space left.

I'd just get some 205/50/16 G-Force Sports.

Comment

Bringing back an old thread. Will a 235 fit in the rear with a 16x7 wheel? Fender rolling is ok.

Thanks.
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

There are no 235 16" tires with anything near the correct sidewall height.

And besides, 235 is way too much for a 7" wheel.

Comment

215/45R16

Hankook RS2 or Falken Azenis.

Both cheap and grippy.

Comment

Working...
            X