Double Spoke I's with Adapters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Spoke I's with Adapters?

Time to loose the backweaves in the near furture.

I really like e36 M3 DS I's(17x7.5", 5 lug). So I was thinking - E36 rims are about +40mm Offset right?

And on a e30, for a 7.5" rim - something around 20mm offset(or less?) is desired - no?

So - then I found this guy on ebay that makes custom adapters for $200 for a set of four(VW guys run these all the time with out issue - and this guy makes them for 'dullie' trucks as well, so I think they will be fine)

So why not a 20mm spacer/adapter that converst 4-to-5 lug so I can mount these rims up?

So, anyone see a issue with using a 20mm adapter plate and e36 rims?

???

PIC

Attached Files
    Last edited by george graves; 12-04-2006, 03:11 AM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

it would work

but adapters are HEAVY

we're talkin an additional 6-8lbs per corner
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I've talked to one guy about the adapters...he said

"That would have to be a two piece design....the thinnest that I can build them is 42mm thick"

I'm guess the bolt patterns interfear with eachother...hence the two peice design
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

is it still doable? cause I'm a steroetypical r3ver and Im cheap. I wouldn't mind running e36 rims if I could get them cheap.

Comment

well if the thinnest he can make the adapters is 42mm and the offest on the wheels is around 40mm. my guess is you'd end up with around a final offset of 0mm which may be doable my not, you'd need alot of camber and serious fender rolling. but i think it would be doable.

Comment

Working...
          X