Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wheels

Hey Guys,

Well because of the snow, I have damaged my factory rims. I lost control and slid into a curb. I bent one rim and possibly the other. This happened going like 20mph. So i dont think I damaged anything else. Anyway, I am looking at new wheels, Borbet possibly. 14x6 factory size because my tires are practically brand new. Any suggestions on what to get? I like the Borbet E style.

Nathan

If they werent basket weaves then upgrade to that. 14 are to small to get anythingn like borbet and have them look good.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Well, they were basket weaves. I now know that I have 3 good ones out of five. So now my options are basically unlimited. Have you purchased wheels from BavAuto? They still have their Zender special. 4 Wheels & Tires = $800. Any suggestions are great.

Comment

Neh, dont buy there. Keep your eyes open here on the forums and others. Its not uncommon to see diff sets of 15/16/17's go through with good rubber on them for as little as 350-500. You get a better deal and you help someone out who is trying to sell some stuff.
        sigpic

Comment

I have an extra basket weave with a bad tire if you want to buy one..make me an offer if you want.
          90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

I am looking for a couple more basket weaves. At least 2 to replace the 2 I bent.

Also, I might look into buying a set of nicer wheels and worry about the extra basket weaves later. I am looking at 15 or 16 inchers. I like the Konig Heliums 16x7. They have a 40mm offset. I have the wheel fitment FAQ, and I might have to use spacers, but this stuff is still new to me. Has anyone tried these out? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Has anyone tried these out as well? There is a gold set and a black set he is selling.

They look nice and the seller has a good feedback rating.
            Last edited by NLCarrII; 02-17-2007, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I saw those the other day, very VERY hot wheels. If they were in my budget I'd be all over them...

These look damn good too: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=82492
              Eric Austin
              1990 325i Sterling Silver
              ///M3 CABs | ///M3 strut bearings | Bavarian Autosport springs | UUC Race Shifter | UUC Clutch Stop

Comment

The Black Imagines or the Heliums?

Comment

I like the imagines, but those euroweaves in the FS section of r3v are hot too.
                  Eric Austin
                  1990 325i Sterling Silver
                  ///M3 CABs | ///M3 strut bearings | Bavarian Autosport springs | UUC Race Shifter | UUC Clutch Stop

Comment

Working...
                  X