Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Yeah, flush for sure. And I know the dish, I've seen 'em. My 18x9 ET22 RZ's may have something to say though. ;)
    hey fuck off Jay!! lol, okay yer 18x9 et22 will have 4mm more dish than me...hahahahahaha
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

16x9.5 with 205/40's all around

Are these offsets going to work?
      et-2F and et-12R

crazy poke, and stretch, and yes im tucking tire right now on a 205/40/16 :)

Comment

So i've asked a few BBS RM questions here, and i guess i have another one. What tire would you say is being run on these 15x8 RS's. I really like the look... 2"lip on the fronts and no stretch. Do these RS's have an offset very different then a 15x8 RM (et14) to pull this off, whats goin on here.. hah? Thanks in advance, Dave

E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          hey fuck off Jay!! lol, okay yer 18x9 et22 will have 4mm more dish than me...hahahahahaha
          Ask a girl, every mm counts. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
            16x9.5 with 205/40's all around

Are these offsets going to work?
            et-2F and et-12R

crazy poke, and stretch, and yes im tucking tire right now on a 205/40/16 :)
            Haha you crazy bastard.

You're going to have the flare the fenders out. Check out qimis' old car (David A's now). The wheels are 16x9.5 ET0 front and 16x10 ET-3 rear IIRC. His fenders had to be seriously rearranged to get that setup remotely under.

Yours is even more aggressive. If you don't want flares, plan on putting the car in a good body shop for custom metal flaring.

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
              So i've asked a few BBS RM questions here, and i guess i have another one. What tire would you say is being run on these 15x8 RS's. I really like the look... 2"lip on the fronts and no stretch. Do these RS's have an offset very different then a 15x8 RM (et14) to pull this off, whats goin on here.. hah? Thanks in advance, Dave
              The tire is most likely a 205/50. The offset actually can't be much higher, as 15x8 ET14 is already within a pinky's distance from the front struts.

That is basically what an RM setup with 2" lips and 205 tires will look like on an E30.

Comment

Haha you crazy bastard.

You're going to have the flare the fenders out. Check out qimis' old car (David A's now). The wheels are 16x9.5 ET0 front and 16x10 ET-3 rear IIRC. His fenders had to be seriously rearranged to get that setup remotely under.

Yours is even more aggressive. If you don't want flares, plan on putting the car in a good body shop for custom metal flaring.
                is there any way i can bring them in closer? imagine a perfect offset for my setup, im talking tire tread meeting fender, now tell it to me :)

thanks man

Comment

The tire is most likely a 205/50. The offset actually can't be much higher, as 15x8 ET14 is already within a pinky's distance from the front struts.

That is basically what an RM setup with 2" lips and 205 tires will look like on an E30.
                  Ahh good news... thanks man. Really appreciate it, especially since i have brand new 205/50s just sitting here. Awesome!

Dave
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                    is there any way i can bring them in closer? imagine a perfect offset for my setup, im talking tire tread meeting fender, now tell it to me :)

thanks man
                    The closest you can get them in offset-wise on the front is about ET5 (probably the absolute max). So if you combine that with say ET-5 on the rear to match them up with the fenders, then you're on to something. This is still a really really tough fitment though.

Comment

The closest you can get them in offset-wise on the front is about ET5 (probably the absolute max). So if you combine that with say ET-5 on the rear to match them up with the fenders, then you're on to something. This is still a really really tough fitment though.
                      thanks for getting back to me so quickly. im gonna go ahead and get the wheels, i will IM you with progress on this stupid stance :)

Comment

I have a 16x8 ET20 wheel and wish to lower the car on coils to have about 1/8" wheel gap and to have it as flush to the fender as possible.

Now would I have any issues with a 225/40/16 tire on the fronts? Or would I be better with a 215/40/16 tire?

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                          I have a 16x8 ET20 wheel and wish to lower the car on coils to have about 1/8" wheel gap and to have it as flush to the fender as possible.

Now would I have any issues with a 225/40/16 tire on the fronts? Or would I be better with a 215/40/16 tire?
                          No problem with the 225.

Comment

Assume cut and slightly rolled rears and rolled slightly pulled fronts, can I go 205/40 KDW2 with a 15mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacer in the rear?

Would end up ET 10 front ET 0 rear.

I'm hesistant to do a setup meant for 195/40s as there aren't many available and I have a feeling that size will die soon.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              Assume cut and slightly rolled rears and rolled slightly pulled fronts, can I go 205/40 KDW2 with a 15mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacer in the rear?

Would end up ET 10 front ET 0 rear.

I'm hesistant to do a setup meant for 195/40s as there aren't many available and I have a feeling that size will die soon.
                              what size wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post

That is one sexy Polish e30!!!! :pimp:
                                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X