Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtb_29 View Post
    How bout these:

15x8 3.75" backspacing front and rear?

Thanks.
    Um, that's ET-19. Yeah, negative. Those will be WAY WAY WAY outside of the fenders. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
      Any way these wheels will fit without spacers?

More Japan was founded in 2003 as a special service for importing rare, hard to find JDM parts from a select group of special Japanese automotive performance manufacturers. We import these parts directly from the manufacturer, and they come in all of their original packaging, straight from the manufacturer.

Thanks
      I'm still trying to figure out what the hell anything on the chart actually means.

It looks like the offset is on the header at the top right, but then what do all of those +xx mean? You can see the offset changing with width (meaning they add wider lips, you can see the mathematical progression), but then what in the world does that mean the final offset is? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
        Hey Jay,

I just talked my best friend into buying an E30 for a winter car, and he's very happy with the 318 he bought. Thing is, it has 15x7 Euroweaves on it (I think they are et24?) and he's having a bitch of a time finding a decent winter performance tire in the BMW-recommended 205/55 size. I tried to help today and it looks like all the highest rated (consumer reports, tire rack, etc) winter performance tires right now are only available in:

195/55/15
        195/60/15
        205/60/15

Any advice on which size tire to get snow&ice traction but not lose too much handling? I think he's just running H&R springs and Bilsteins, otherwise stock. Oh - and tire brand suggestions welcome from anyone, though I know that's not the purpose of this thread.
        195/60/15 would be closest to stock sizing, and a good choice for winter.

I recommend the GW3 in that size, but if you're a CR reader then you already know it's an excellent tire.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
          Hey, if I do a 15x8 with a 205/50/15 tire size, would that raise my car up a bit or no?
          It's a shorter tire than stock, so it'll lower the car if it has stock tires on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
            Will these fit (and clear stock calipers) without spacers? I'm running OEM E30 M3 springs and Bilstein sports. Also, what size tire should I run? Thanks!

EDIT: I should mention that I'm not a fan of the stretched-tire look, or rims/tires that go past the fenders.

They are 15x7, 4x100 ET15 with 2.5" lips all around. Yeah, time attack. Got a problem with that? ;)
            I can't promise that they will clear the calipers. There are just too many Panasport reps floating around now, and I know for sure that at least some of them have caliper fitment issues on E30s.

If they do fit, then 205/55 would be stock height, but might look strange (time attack and big sidewalls look terrible). I'd probably go 205/50.

Comment

Originally posted by JPStrniste View Post
              Okay,

I'm running 17x8.5 mcontours et41 offset all the way around with 235/40s and no spacers. I rolled the rear fenders already, but I'm still rubbing the fenders. I only rub when i hit a bump....which is almost all the time in New England. The rubbing is annoying and cant go into/come out of turns under hard throttle because they rub hard. Just straight driving on the road, its not too bad.

the fronts dont rub at all.

I'm looking at picking up a set of 17x7.5 et35 wheels and running a 215 or 225 wide tire. Will this offset tuck the wheels under the car enough so they wont rub the fenders?

btw, the 5 lug setup is 318ti rears and e36 front spindles on e36m3 control arms and strut assemblies. Eibach pro springs and bilstein shocks/struts
              Why not just back down the tire size on your current wheels? I'm thinking that with a 215/40/17 on the Contours you'd be okay. No promises though, I've never seen anyone actually try that yet.

If you want to change wheels, then yeah a 215/40 on the 17x7.5 ET35 should work too.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                would 18 x 8.5 et40 front 18 x 10 et45 rears fit an e36 non m? don't mind rolling if need be, or stretching in the back if I haaave to (not a fan but whatever). spacers? what size tires?

thanks!
                Sounds like BBS' to me.

They fit, with 225/40/18 front and 245/35/18 rear and mildly rolled rears. That will be an insanely wide rear contact patch (around 10.5", or like 2" wider than what an E30 normally sits on).

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  Ok Mystikal, so I can't wait for the turbo flares, I want to put the wheels on now.

What spacers should I run to have close to flush/flush fitment with a 225/50/16 on my 16x9 Brock B1s? Also how much will I have to roll/pull them to fit these tires and get the proper fitment?
                  Yeah, I can't remember what offset your B1s are. Refresh my memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    ET10 should be enough to clear the inside. You'll pretty much NEED flares for the outside.
                    Damn! I was hoping that it being a 17" I wouldn't have to go quite so low on the offset...........or need flares.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Jay, I've got a question- I've currently got 195 Azenis on stock Bottlecaps and need more tire for autocross. I'm seriously considering going for a set of 235/40/17 Yoko Advan Neova AD07s all the way around to add a bunch more tire on the car.

I am thinking of pairing the tires with either a set of the popular 17x7.5 ET20 Kopis or the 17x8 Rota Boost in either ET32 or 48 from here. What offset should I shoot for? I plan to roll the fenders, but are there offsets/spacers I can use to avoid much more than rolling?

As far as suspension goes, I have Bilstein HDs, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering springs, and sways. I plan to upgrade to Sports/H&R Races and Vorschlag plates, but that may happen after tires. I've got a late model arch car too. 4x100 too.

Thanks a bunch!
                      Don't even try it with the Kopis, the offset is just too low. I've wanted those ET32 Boosts with 235s for the longest time, definitely a cool setup (and nobody seems to have them yet, which is weird). They'll likely need a small spacer to clear the front struts, 5mm should do it. Nothing for the back. Just fender rolling necessary.

And yeah, the Dunlop Z1 is the current king (dethroned the AD07).

Comment

So remember how I was telling you I was going to get the KDW2's in 205/50/15...
                        Not happening...the guy sold them.
                        So my option now, on my 15x8" et13 BBS's are either 205/50/15 Toyo Proxes T1-R or Falken Azenis RT-615 in the same size...
                        Which one would you go for and why?
                        -Theo

Originally posted by Janderson
                        you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Don't even try it with the Kopis, the offset is just too low. I've wanted those ET32 Boosts with 235s for the longest time, definitely a cool setup (and nobody seems to have them yet, which is weird). They'll likely need a small spacer to clear the front struts, 5mm should do it. Nothing for the back. Just fender rolling necessary.

And yeah, the Dunlop Z1 is the current king (dethroned the AD07).
                          Cool, thanks for the help. Will the 5mm spacers require longer bolts? Will I need to massage my fender liners at all or just roll the fender lips?

I'm very torn between the AD07 and Z1. My Azenis just haven't been cutting it recently; they're great DD tires but they've overheated on Autocross and I'm somewhat nervous to take them to the track this weekend.

I've talked with a few local autocross guys who also run nationals, and they seem split between the AD07 and the Z1. Some hate the Z1 and most seem to love it. I really like the Z1's price and it seems to be getting rave reviews. For the record I haven't driven on either, just going on recommendations.

My main concern with the Dunlops is their heat resistance- I plan to use these tires mainly for Autocross and HPDE/Track days, and don't want a tire that gets greasy and overheats stupid quick. I know the AD07s have great heat resistance, do the Dunlops? Is the steering response and overall feel of the tires much different? I can't spring for true R-comps just yet, so I need a good dual duty "street" tire.

Thanks again!
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell anything on the chart actually means.

It looks like the offset is on the header at the top right, but then what do all of those +xx mean? You can see the offset changing with width (meaning they add wider lips, you can see the mathematical progression), but then what in the world does that mean the final offset is? I'm confused.
                            Oh good cos i couldn't figure it out as well ill see if i can get the right details and post up again. thanks for trying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I can't remember what offset your B1s are. Refresh my memory?
                              et 15
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Ok so I'm running IE springs and bilstein shocks. I'm about to order some ltw's which are 15x7. What does anyone recommend my tire size should be? I have an M50 so I would like some meat to hold to the road. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X