Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which would be best to run on 16x9 borbet type a's? 215/35-16 or 215/40-16?

im planning on rolling fenders and im on ebach pros right now... 91 318is if that helps any

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Sounds like BBS' to me.

They fit, with 225/40/18 front and 245/35/18 rear and mildly rolled rears. That will be an insanely wide rear contact patch (around 10.5", or like 2" wider than what an E30 normally sits on).
      i see a lot of 255/35/18's around, think I can squeeze em?
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
        So remember how I was telling you I was going to get the KDW2's in 205/50/15...
        Not happening...the guy sold them.
        So my option now, on my 15x8" et13 BBS's are either 205/50/15 Toyo Proxes T1-R or Falken Azenis RT-615 in the same size...
        Which one would you go for and why?
        -Theo
        The T1-R is as streetable as the KDW2, but doesn't come close for hard driving. It is quieter, but that's about the only possible upside. The KDW2 is better in the dry, wet, and even lasts a lot longer.

The RT-615 will edge out the KDW2 for all-out dry performance, but give up a lot of wet capability (especially hydroplaning). They'll also wear out faster.

The only tire that is as capable all around as the KDW2 in that size is the Michelin Pilot Exalto, which is pricey.

Personally I'd get the RT-615, simply because it "makes every car feel like a Lotus Elise" (not my quote, but from a respected mag). Very fun tire, you just have to slow down in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Cool, thanks for the help. Will the 5mm spacers require longer bolts? Will I need to massage my fender liners at all or just roll the fender lips?

I'm very torn between the AD07 and Z1. My Azenis just haven't been cutting it recently; they're great DD tires but they've overheated on Autocross and I'm somewhat nervous to take them to the track this weekend.

I've talked with a few local autocross guys who also run nationals, and they seem split between the AD07 and the Z1. Some hate the Z1 and most seem to love it. I really like the Z1's price and it seems to be getting rave reviews. For the record I haven't driven on either, just going on recommendations.

My main concern with the Dunlops is their heat resistance- I plan to use these tires mainly for Autocross and HPDE/Track days, and don't want a tire that gets greasy and overheats stupid quick. I know the AD07s have great heat resistance, do the Dunlops? Is the steering response and overall feel of the tires much different? I can't spring for true R-comps just yet, so I need a good dual duty "street" tire.

Thanks again!
          5mm spacers will require longer bolts, unfortunately. Another option is try a cheap 3mm universal spacer and see if the mounted wheel/tire setup will clear the strut. If you can pull this off it's even better, as you can use the stock bolts and the wheels will be sitting on the hub more securely.

I haven't heard of the Z1s overheating, but you have to take everything in perspective. A lot of people will overdrive their tires, or have poor suspension setup, alignment, and so on. I wouldn't think that a stock braking system (save for pads/lines/fluid) would have much left beyond the heat capacity of a Z1 or AD07, if they even make it that far. An RT-615 WILL overheat prematurely on a hot day, but given what I've read the Z1 should keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
            et 15
            Ah.

225/50/16 will already be beyond flush with those wheels. The tire is way too tall. 225/45/16 is the biggest you're going to get on, and you'd have to pull the fenders a bit with an aggressive roll to get them on there. 5mm spacers should be enough for the front to clear the struts, depending on the size of the tire's curb protection.

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
              Ok so I'm running IE springs and bilstein shocks. I'm about to order some ltw's which are 15x7. What does anyone recommend my tire size should be? I have an M50 so I would like some meat to hold to the road. Thanks
              What's the offset on those?

Comment

Originally posted by el_gringo View Post
                which would be best to run on 16x9 borbet type a's? 215/35-16 or 215/40-16?

im planning on rolling fenders and im on ebach pros right now... 91 318is if that helps any
                ET15 I presume.

3mm front spacers and 215/40/16 is the preferred setup. You'll only need to roll the rears, and very little too.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                  i see a lot of 255/35/18's around, think I can squeeze em?
                  Get the roller and heat gun ready. It's entirely possible, just an aggressive fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Ah.

225/50/16 will already be beyond flush with those wheels. The tire is way too tall. 225/45/16 is the biggest you're going to get on, and you'd have to pull the fenders a bit with an aggressive roll to get them on there. 5mm spacers should be enough for the front to clear the struts, depending on the size of the tire's curb protection.
                    What about running a 225/40/16 (Falken Ziex 512 to be exact)?

And how big of a spacer should I run in the rear in order to have flush fitment for the front and rear? 10mm? 12?
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What about running a 225/40/16 (Falken Ziex 512 to be exact)?

And how big of a spacer should I run in the rear in order to have flush fitment for the front and rear? 10mm? 12?
                      225/40 makes it easier, but it's still pretty aggressive. You're basically adding 0.4" of width to the 215/40 setup almost everyone runs (if not, usually an even narrower 205/45).

To even it out, you'll want around 5-8mm less offset in the rear, so yeah a 10mm would do it. Of course, this will make getting a 225/40 on there even tougher.

Comment

How well does a 225/40/16 fit on a 7.5" wheel? Does it look too wide or is it a good looking fit? I know its a little undersized - diameter wise.
                        thanks
                        S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                        What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

7.5" is plenty for a 225/40/16, but if you're going for a stretched look then you'll probably want no more then a 215.

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

7.5" is plenty for a 225/40/16, but if you're going for a stretched look then you'll probably want no more then a 215.
                            not looking for stretch, looking for rubber on the ground and a matched width front and back on staggered 7.5"s and 9"s
                            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                            Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

16x8, 0 offset, with a 215/40

Would that poke out alot and have alot of stretch?

Seems like poke might be an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                                16x8, 0 offset, with a 215/40

Would that poke out alot and have alot of stretch?

Seems like poke might be an issue
                                Et 0 will poke quite a bit Stephen, only way to fix that would be to go low with a lot of camber.

If you're going for xxrs (sportmaxx) just go 501s et 15, and you'll have perfect fitment with the tires I'm selling you. You might have to roll the fenders a lil bit, but it will look just as good as Taylor's (e30 fiend) car.

Comment

Working...
                                X