Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tracking, what would you suggest as an offset for 15X7 with 225/50/25's?
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
      For tracking, what would you suggest as an offset for 15X7 with 225/50/25's?
      et25 with rolled fenders, worked for me, wheels sat nice and flush to the fenders with enough clearance on the insides.

Comment

Sweet. I'm trying to ape as much of your former car as possible. it's the shit, even with a busted engine...
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

What he said.

BMW got it right with the 15x7 ET24 basketweaves.

Jay

Comment

What size tire should i run on a 16x8 wheel? I want a little bit of stretch. 195/16/45?

Comment

13" wheels

Alright, so its the old 320i stock wheel question again, I realize they will not clear calipers in the front, but what about the rear? I like the price of 13" rubbers ;)

Found a few sets of these in the junkyard but the A-holes won't let me try one on the car before purchase.

Comment

So, um, what is the minimum suggested wheel width for 225 tires? I may have some 15X6.5 or 15x6.25 wheels in my grasp.
                '89 325i track sloot
                '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

What do I need to get Kosei K1's for a miata to fit. ET 33. 15x7. I think miatas have the same centerbore? Not sure, thanks.
                  The grilles really distract you from the fact that someone took a sledgehammer to the front end.

Comment

An 8-10mm spacer?
                    '89 325i track sloot
                    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by SLK View Post
                      What size tire should i run on a 16x8 wheel? I want a little bit of stretch. 195/16/45?
                      That's way undersized. I'd go with 205/50.

Comment

i once saw of a link to a site that had stud conversions and spacers for a really good price.. cant find the link was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction.

also i have some wheels in the garage 15x7 and i believe they are off of an e21. the rears fit fine but the fronts rub on the caliper i cant seem to find any markings on it that would specify its offset. i can get pics of the wheels tomorrow if anybody is willing to help me out
                        Originally posted by ebelements
                        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by SLK View Post
                          205/50/16 will look slightly stretched and still be the correct diameter.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
                            Alright, so its the old 320i stock wheel question again, I realize they will not clear calipers in the front, but what about the rear? I like the price of 13" rubbers ;)

Found a few sets of these in the junkyard but the A-holes won't let me try one on the car before purchase.
                            Honestly, not sure. E21 wheels are not only 13" but also have horrible caliper clearance due to their extremely low offsets and spoke shaping.

Don't do it.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
                              So, um, what is the minimum suggested wheel width for 225 tires? I may have some 15X6.5 or 15x6.25 wheels in my grasp.
                              15x7 would be the smallest to preserve good response, unless we're talking R-compounds.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jtb_29 View Post
                                What do I need to get Kosei K1's for a miata to fit. ET 33. 15x7. I think miatas have the same centerbore? Not sure, thanks.
                                Miatas have smaller centerbores, 54.1mm. If they were custom drilled for the Miata you're out of luck.

Those wheels will mount without spacers and up to 205 width tires. If you want wider tires or a better stance, those wheels are a poor offset. Off the shelf spacers are only truly hubcentric in 15mm and thicker, and if you use those you're looking at rubbing with anything wider than 205. If you get say an 8mm spacer, the wheel is in the right position but you have a damn good chance of vibrations on the highway due to the hub no longer supporting the weight of the car.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X