Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    That's a stock basketweave. You tell me.

And you're...starting. :p
    Well the wheel isn't a stock weave, but same size. i guess i just assumed weaves were +20?

Edit: oh yeah they are +30. Well cool then.

Comment

For an e36 m3 5-lug conversion, im looking at 17x7.5 offset 41 front and 17x8 rear style 32's. can anyone tell me if they will fit?
      -Doug

Comment

Thanks!
        89 325i parts car
        90 325i in progress
        ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
        --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smash9002 View Post
          For an e36 m3 5-lug conversion, im looking at 17x7.5 offset 41 front and 17x8 rear style 32's. can anyone tell me if they will fit?
          Yup, they'll fit. 215/40/17 tires are the safe bet.

Comment

Quick question guys, I'm running throwing stars rims on my 1991 E30 4dr, they're 16x7.5 ET20. Currently I'm using 205/50 front and 215/50 rear (which are too big).

I'm thinking of going down to 205/45 front+rear for the next change, but I'm not sure if that's too low profile? 205/50 looks abit fat to me and I thought 205/45 might fit better, but I also wanna keep my speedo accurate. Some say 205/45, and some say 205/50, so I'm not sure now.

Comment

For easiest fitment: 5.25" front, 6" rear. This equals ET19 and ET25, respectively.

For poke: 4.5" (ET0) front, 5.25" (ET6) rear. This will require a bit of fender rolling.
              Could i get away with 15x8's all around with 4.25" of back spacing?
              89 325i parts car
              90 325i in progress
              ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
              --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post
                Quick question guys, I'm running throwing stars rims on my 1991 E30 4dr, they're 16x7.5 ET20. Currently I'm using 205/50 front and 215/50 rear (which are too big).

I'm thinking of going down to 205/45 front+rear for the next change, but I'm not sure if that's too low profile? 205/50 looks abit fat to me and I thought 205/45 might fit better, but I also wanna keep my speedo accurate. Some say 205/45, and some say 205/50, so I'm not sure now.
                205/50/16 is the stock diameter. Even with that your speedometer reads high, so going smaller will only make it worse.

205/45/16 is still entirely acceptable though, as long as you know the dial is going to be like 8% high.

Comment

Originally posted by brn2ply7 View Post
                  Could i get away with 15x8's all around with 4.25" of back spacing?
                  ET-6? Nope.

Comment

205/50/16 is the stock diameter. Even with that your speedometer reads high, so going smaller will only make it worse.

205/45/16 is still entirely acceptable though, as long as you know the dial is going to be like 8% high.
                    Meaning it will show 108 kmh when I'm really only doing 100kmh? Ok noted. :)

Reason I want 205/45 is because I don't like the thick look on the 205/50, + my car is lowered on H&Rs and the 205/50s get pretty close to the inner wall on full lock.

Comment

Winter tires

Another quick question.

I have 195 65 R14 winter tires on now. Could I put 195 60 R14 tires on? What difference would it make?

Thanks, Matt

Comment

they will fit fine, as above speedo will read slightly fast

Comment

ok,

maybe you guys know. I'm just about ready to put my winter tires back on. I boght them about 5 years ago when I had my GLI.

Any one know what type of wheels these are?

specs 4x100
                          BMW (RONAL )

I know they are pretty bad looking but that is why I like them!

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by matt_vo View Post
                            Another quick question.

I have 195 65 R14 winter tires on now. Could I put 195 60 R14 tires on? What difference would it make?

Thanks, Matt
                            Just a slightly high reading speedo, and some more fender gap. Nothing else worth noting.

Comment

I'm looking for 16x5,5 et45 steel wheels. Will they fit ?

E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
                                I'm looking for 16x5,5 et45 steel wheels. Will they fit ?

With around 1cm to spare, yeah. No problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X