Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Yes and yes.
    Thats what i thought, thanks

Comment

So my brother wrecked his 94 jetta last week, and I have the opportunity to get some 17x8 Konig monsoons. Now I have no idea what the offset is, but, with the wheels strait, the front wheels rub against the strut tower. So, my question to you is, what sixe spacer am I going to need in order for these to not rub?

Thanks
      Nick
      Re-Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...00#post2471300

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...24#post2157024

Comment

Probably 15-20 mm

If Jetta Offsets are what I think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_t View Post
          So my brother wrecked his 94 jetta last week, and I have the opportunity to get some 17x8 Konig monsoons. Now I have no idea what the offset is, but, with the wheels strait, the front wheels rub against the strut tower. So, my question to you is, what sixe spacer am I going to need in order for these to not rub?

Thanks
          Nick
          Depends on what offset the wheels are.

Comment

see, that's the problem. My brother bought the car with the wheels on them, so no info was givin about the besides that they were 17s. Is there a way that I could measure the offset?
            Re-Build:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...00#post2471300

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...24#post2157024

Comment

What is the largest tire size to fit on an ix.. Assuming the car has Euroweeves.. Im moving up to the mountain and will be towing a single snowmobile(less than 1,000 lbs)..I'm also looking for good traction in a little deeper snow.. anyways any input would be greatly appreciated..
              -Brandon
              sigpic

Comment

How well do you know fitment with e36 suspension pieces?

For instance, 16x9 et24. I'm thinking with a 205 it might just work.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

hey, would 225 wide Hankook RS2s fit on 7" wide Euroweaves without any problems?

Comment

here is a tough one, 16x11 et28 on a 318ti rear 5 lug. Is there any tire out there that might work with these wheels? :twisted:
                    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Yo,

I need to replace a Bridgestone Potenza 950 and going to buy a pair. After reading the reviews, I am itching to buy a pair of 960s. Good idea? Better combo exist?

Or could I just throw another all season lying around and goof it?

Comment

attn: bbs rs owners need advice on tire fitment on a 8x16f & 9x16r

hello i hope you could help me on my tires?
                        i have a rs 8x16 offset is 15 fr. and 9x16 offset is 0(zero)
                        now i would like to now what tire size should i put. i already roll my fenders. i have a 1991 vert please guide me on this tanxs alot!
                        please if you have the same wheel size and offset please post some pix!
                        and tanx matt for the suggestion
                        sigpic

Comment

My wheel fit question

I just bought a used set of 17 inch ASA AR1 wheels. They were originally on an E36 M3 so the ET is 40mm. Fronts are 8" wide, backs are 9" wide. I intend on installing a 35 profile tire, probably 215's and 235's respectively. I need some advice. My car is slightly lowered, not slammed. I'm just running a set of H&R springs. My fenders are NOT rolled.

In a perfect world, I would just buy a set of 20mm spacers and everything would be fine. I've been reading as much as I can find and it seems that people use some pretty odd sized spacers to make wheels fit where they didn't originally belong. Should I buy the tires I think should fit on the wheels and then start working to determine the spacer I need? Or should I buy a set of 20mm spacers and then choose tires based on clearance?

I guess it is sort of a, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" type issue.

Any advice regarding tire size or anything else related to this would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nick_t View Post
                            see, that's the problem. My brother bought the car with the wheels on them, so no info was givin about the besides that they were 17s. Is there a way that I could measure the offset?
                            If they hit the strut and they worked on a Dub, they are probably ET35 or so. Go for 15mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
                              What is the largest tire size to fit on an ix.. Assuming the car has Euroweeves.. Im moving up to the mountain and will be towing a single snowmobile(less than 1,000 lbs)..I'm also looking for good traction in a little deeper snow.. anyways any input would be greatly appreciated..
                              -Brandon
                              You don't want large tires in the snow, you want the opposite. Smaller contact patch = more weight per sq area = better traction.

Go 185/65/15 for optimal snow traction.

Comment

I know Im going to need some spacers on my setup. So What size would be best?

wheels are bbs rm's they are 15x6.5 and the tires are 195/50.
                                et is 33. I would like to have the tire almost dead nuts with the fender.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X