Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
    How well do you know fitment with e36 suspension pieces?

For instance, 16x9 et24. I'm thinking with a 205 it might just work.
    A lot actually, I have 18x9 ET22 on my M3.

With that setup, you're looking at RIM hiting the fender (ask me how I know). You'd have to flare the rear fender lips out slightly to allow the wheel to slide under. Lots of heat gun use + roller will do it, E36 metal is pretty easy to bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
      hey, would 225 wide Hankook RS2s fit on 7" wide Euroweaves without any problems?
      They run very wide, fender rolling in the back will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
        here is a tough one, 16x11 et28 on a 318ti rear 5 lug. Is there any tire out there that might work with these wheels? :twisted:
        I'll just say no. Huge bodywork needed, and you'd be running 245/35/16.

Comment

Originally posted by AL FHA Q! View Post
          hello i hope you could help me on my tires?
          i have a rs 8x16 offset is 15 fr. and 9x16 offset is 0(zero)
          now i would like to now what tire size should i put. i already roll my fenders. i have a 1991 vert please guide me on this tanxs alot!
          please if you have the same wheel size and offset please post some pix!
          and tanx matt for the suggestion
          I answered your PM. But just for arguments sake here, 195/45 or 205/45 front and 215/40 rear. Fenders rolled flat.

Comment

Originally posted by kroberts View Post
            I just bought a used set of 17 inch ASA AR1 wheels. They were originally on an E36 M3 so the ET is 40mm. Fronts are 8" wide, backs are 9" wide. I intend on installing a 35 profile tire, probably 215's and 235's respectively. I need some advice. My car is slightly lowered, not slammed. I'm just running a set of H&R springs. My fenders are NOT rolled.

In a perfect world, I would just buy a set of 20mm spacers and everything would be fine. I've been reading as much as I can find and it seems that people use some pretty odd sized spacers to make wheels fit where they didn't originally belong. Should I buy the tires I think should fit on the wheels and then start working to determine the spacer I need? Or should I buy a set of 20mm spacers and then choose tires based on clearance?

I guess it is sort of a, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" type issue.

Any advice regarding tire size or anything else related to this would really be appreciated.

Thanks
            In this world, you have to consider everything simultaneously. Ignoring just one criteria can mean going right back to the beginning after spending lots of time and money. For example, you stated that you want a 235/35 tire. It doesn't exist. If you banked everything else on that tire being available, you'd be compromised in the end.

So. I'm assuming you're referring to the E30 M3 in your profile there. Keep this in mind casual readers, as he has A LOT more room than you non-M guys. I'd also like to state outright that I am not nearly as confident regarding E30 M3 fitment as non-M, as I simply have not spent as much time on it. But I do have a good general idea, otherwise I wouldn't provide any info (nothing worse than bad "facts").

20mm spacers all around with 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
              I know Im going to need some spacers on my setup. So What size would be best?

wheels are bbs rm's they are 15x6.5 and the tires are 195/50.
              et is 33. I would like to have the tire almost dead nuts with the fender.
              Thanks
              Just to clarify you don't need spacers to put RMs on an E30, but they will be WAY inside of the fenders. But not needed per se.

With rolled fenders to get that flush look, 20mm front and 25mm rear would be the conservative flush look. They won't look like 16x9s, but they will just slide under there with a mild roll. Go 25mm/30mm if you really want to get friendly with the roller and want the wheels FLUSH.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                Yo,

I need to replace a Bridgestone Potenza 950 and going to buy a pair. After reading the reviews, I am itching to buy a pair of 960s. Good idea? Better combo exist?

Or could I just throw another all season lying around and goof it?
                Haha, skipped your ass. My bad.

BFGoodrich Traction T/A is really similar to the RE950. Really great handling tire for an all-season (a little better than the 512/912 to me), and equally horrible in the snow/ice.

I'd goof it for 3 season driving, but if you're going anywhere near snow/ice get 2 matching.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Haha, skipped your ass. My bad.

BFGoodrich Traction T/A is really similar to the RE950. Really great handling tire for an all-season (a little better than the 512/912 to me), and equally horrible in the snow/ice.

I'd goof it for 3 season driving, but if you're going anywhere near snow/ice get 2 matching.
                    I'm not going to be trooping in snow with the red car much, but just want to not be on ES100s in case I take it to work and some snow hits during the day. I got a few all seasons lying around that I can throw on there, and I'll see if I can find a good enough one for the time being.

If I change my mind about goofing it, I'll probably take your advice about a pair of BFG's T/A's.

Regardless, it's not like it snows more than a few inches to a couple feet a year. My 950s trooped it along last year in 6 inches of snow just a well as winter tires two years ago.

thanks Jay

Comment

What's a good place to buy a set of spacers? TMS has them for $100 per pair. Is that the going rate?

Comment

Originally posted by kroberts View Post
                        What's a good place to buy a set of spacers? TMS has them for $100 per pair. Is that the going rate?
                        TMS is good peoples, H&R is a good product, and yeah $100 is the going rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          A lot actually, I have 18x9 ET22 on my M3.

With that setup, you're looking at RIM hiting the fender (ask me how I know). You'd have to flare the rear fender lips out slightly to allow the wheel to slide under. Lots of heat gun use + roller will do it, E36 metal is pretty easy to bend.
                          I meant an e30 with e36 suspension. My bad, I wasn't very clear.
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                            I meant an e30 with e36 suspension. My bad, I wasn't very clear.
                            Yeah I just re-read it, it was clear enough. My fault, way too many questions in the past week.

E36 suspension pieces place the hubs further out, which would make those wheels something like ET5-ET10. You're absolutely right, with 205s and rolling it should work.

Comment

235/50-15 or 245/45-16 - R888

Has anyone ever tried to run either of these on an e30?

Toyo gives these specs for the tires:

235/50-15 R888 on 7.5" rims:
                              Weight = 24lbs
                              tread = 9.2"
                              overall width = 9.6"
                              height = 24.2"

245/45-16 R888 on 8" rims:
                              Weight = 24lbs
                              tread = 9.4"
                              overall width = 9.8"
                              height = 24.4"

Sure they could work with the right offset and fender rolling, but wondering if anyone has run them yet or knows for sure if they will work.

They come in a 14" that is cheaper, 3lbs. lighter than the 15 and has almost the same width and a almost an inch and a half shorter (good for torque and for fitting under the fender, but will wear out faster).

J.
                              J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Do a search under my name, I did the 235/50-15's on 6UL wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X