Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurostop has one of the biggest E30-specific wheel selections out of any place in the world.

You can also look at http://www.tunershop.com/xt/index_sh...n&currency=USD. The prices are a lot higher though, and the site is pretty vague on offsets (a lot of the wheels need spacers, but it's impossible to tell by looking at the site).

Comment

Thanks, I'm liking the style 5 and 10 from that first site also.
      The Keystone Killers: for the Commonwealth!

Comment

Jay, I has a question. I'm rocking my 14" weaves for a while, until I make up my mind what wheels I want/until I have some damn money. I want to push them out a little farther than stock offset, so I'm wondering what's the most I can push them out without having to worry about fender/rubbing issues? Also, what's the best size tire to run with them?

Comment

So.. I'm back agian

15x7 et35

Id need to run small spacers? and if im going to have to buy spacers, what size would make them look good 15mm maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
            Jay, I has a question. I'm rocking my 14" weaves for a while, until I make up my mind what wheels I want/until I have some damn money. I want to push them out a little farther than stock offset, so I'm wondering what's the most I can push them out without having to worry about fender/rubbing issues? Also, what's the best size tire to run with them?
            For daily driving the 195/65/14 ZE-912 is the best choice. For harder stuff, 195/60/14 RT-615.

You can throw on 15mm spacers all around with no problem at all. 20mm is easy with the slightest fender roll the back, in case you change your mind.

A member on here with a turbo red late model once had 20mm all around on his, it looked really good. ~4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
              So.. I'm back agian

15x7 et35

Id need to run small spacers? and if im going to have to buy spacers, what size would make them look good 15mm maybe?
              They will be VERY close to the struts. Spacers are definitely recommended.

I'd go with 15mm. Keep the tires to 215 or narrower.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Thats the thing that sucks about 14's. Its hard to find anything thats wider than 195 unless its an R-Comp. I like running them because they are so light, but there just isn't any good street tires out there.

Spacers are expensive, but usefull. If you won't need them for your new wheels, maybe save your money?

I know you weren't asking me, but I just went through this same decision making process. Decided to just jump on Craigslist and find something. That really turned out to be the way to go for a temp fix. People are basically just giving 14" stuff away. Find some good tires cheap and if they happen to come with wheels you don't want, just recycle them.

And I the Walmart is the den of Satan himself, but they swap & balance tires for $5/each.
                J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  They will be VERY close to the struts. Spacers are definitely recommended.

I'd go with 15mm. Keep the tires to 215 or narrower.
                  I might do IE 3/8ths.. even though thats only 10mm

Either that or maybe 15mm from tunershop.

or maybe 10 in front, 15 in back
                  Last edited by Stephen; 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                    I might do IE 3/8ths.. even though thats only 10mm

Either that or maybe 15mm from tunershop.

or maybe 10 in front, 15 in back
                    Almost positive those IE spacers do not have hubcentric lips. If you want 10mm real hubcentric there was nothing until recently, when ECS Tuning introduced their lineup (their 10mm and 12.5mm appear to be fully hubcentric). See here: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...heel%20Spacers

Comment

Almost positive those IE spacers do not have hubcentric lips. If you want 10mm real hubcentric there was nothing until recently, when ECS Tuning introduced their lineup (their 10mm and 12.5mm appear to be fully hubcentric). See here: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...heel%20Spacers
                      Hmm, good catch. i'll check that out.

ill go 15mm if its not much more $

Comment

alright, I was in this thread a few months back but I never really kept track of what you said Jay.

I've got 16x8 et15s with 205-45-16s on them right now. Im not running a spring pad in the rear because the car sits parralel to the ground without them and that's what I like. I have the Turner J-Stock kit on my car which drops real low but is very stiff so even under hard acceleration i dont rub at all. Also I have a moderate to heavy fender roll front and rear and they were rolled to fit with my previous lowering kit but the J-Stock kit lifted it a bit so I have PLENTY of clearance front and rear with these tires.

No that you have some background, I want to know the widest tire I can get away with front and rear. I wanna put some wider meat on the ground.

So tell me what you think brosef

TIA

Taylor
                        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

i know a few of you rallycross

what wheel and tire size do you recommend?

Comment

What is the e30 318is official ET ratings? front and rear?
                            what is the max ET's I can run on a 15" rim?

Comment

Know anyplace to get 30mm spacers for our cars?
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                Know anyplace to get 30mm spacers for our cars?

Don't know if this helps at all but I have seen some pretty large H&R spacers before. You might check their website but other than that my buddy got his custom made 35mm and 30mm by a local shop.
                                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X