Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I thought I saw a VW site once that had them for sale, but now I can't find it! And don't want to spend to much time at work surfing for it.

I'm still trying to decide which way I want to go with my wheels, can't decide.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
      alright, I was in this thread a few months back but I never really kept track of what you said Jay.

I've got 16x8 et15s with 205-45-16s on them right now. Im not running a spring pad in the rear because the car sits parralel to the ground without them and that's what I like. I have the Turner J-Stock kit on my car which drops real low but is very stiff so even under hard acceleration i dont rub at all. Also I have a moderate to heavy fender roll front and rear and they were rolled to fit with my previous lowering kit but the J-Stock kit lifted it a bit so I have PLENTY of clearance front and rear with these tires.

No that you have some background, I want to know the widest tire I can get away with front and rear. I wanna put some wider meat on the ground.

So tell me what you think brosef

TIA

Taylor
      Like I tell a lot of people, the amount of clearance added by a fender rolling varies greatly depending on how it was done.

So with that said, the safe bet it is a 215/45/16. This should definitely work.

225/45/16 is entirely possible with enough rolling/pulling, but again, this is a lot more difficult.

Since you want lots of grip, the best 215/45 is the RT-615 and the best 225/45 is the KDW2. You should be VERY happy with either choice.

Comment

Originally posted by smellslikecurry View Post
        i know a few of you rallycross

what wheel and tire size do you recommend?
        That really depends on how seriously into it you are. Just for casual fun, any near stock height tire on a stock 14" rim is fine (like 175/65, 175/70, 185/65, 185/70). Something with a lot of void area and open face, like a winter tire, will be perfect.

If you're actually more serious into the sport, then you'll know what you need (you'd be seeing the competitor's stuff at events...). And this involves multiple wheel/tire combos depending on the surface of the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by 16v of E30 View Post
          What is the e30 318is official ET ratings? front and rear?
          what is the max ET's I can run on a 15" rim?
          Stock 14" basketweaves are 14x6.5 ET30 (this info is in my original post).

The "max" ET for a 15" rim depends on the width of the rim, the size of the tire, and the exact tire model used.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Know anyplace to get 30mm spacers for our cars?
            FK makes them. 35mm too. And it's the type that bolts to the hub with its own hardware, and then you attach the wheel to the spacer with the stock bolts. Great setup, you don't have to line up anything.

AMI Motorsports: http://www.amimotorsports.com/store/...uct_list&c=180

Comment

Well Jay, maybe I'll get you some pictures of the clearance I have front and rear and then you can tell me what you think
              Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
              Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                FK makes them. 35mm too. And it's the type that bolts to the hub with its own hardware, and then you attach the wheel to the spacer with the stock bolts. Great setup, you don't have to line up anything.

AMI Motorsports: http://www.amimotorsports.com/store/...uct_list&c=180
                Thanks for the link, I have visions of ET +5 and -5, F/R, on the Works.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Hi Jay,

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of 17x7 Borbet Cs with a +25 offset. What size tire should I run? I am not adverse to fender rolling, and I want the largest contact patch I can run without having poor transitional response from too much tire width on the rim. Is 235 possible with that offset and width or would I be better served with a 225?

Thanks!
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

hey jay..
                    i got some stock steels and im planing to widen them....their 14x6 stock..et 35
                    how wide should i go?...i was thinking staggering them also8/8.5 or 9..idk tho
                    195-60-14 is what im shooting for..
                    thanks in adv.
                    Last edited by NetoTun; 12-04-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Hi Jay,

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of 17x7 Borbet Cs with a +25 offset. What size tire should I run? I am not adverse to fender rolling, and I want the largest contact patch I can run without having poor transitional response from too much tire width on the rim. Is 235 possible with that offset and width or would I be better served with a 225?

Thanks!
                      215/40/17, no one really makes a 225/40/17. A 235/40/17 is going to really be pinched on 7" wide wheel.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerman325i View Post
                        hi jay,

i have the opportunity to pick up a set of 17x7 borbet cs with a +25 offset. What size tire should i run? I am not adverse to fender rolling, and i want the largest contact patch i can run without having poor transitional response from too much tire width on the rim. Is 235 possible with that offset and width or would i be better served with a 225?

Thanks!
                        215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by NetoTun View Post
                          hey jay..
                          i got some stock steels and im planing to widen them....their 14x6 stock..et 35
                          how wide should i go?...i was thinking staggering them also8/8.5 or 9..idk tho
                          195-60-14 is what im shooting for..
                          thanks in adv.
                          If you want to use 195/60/14, about the widest you can get in the rear with just rolling the fenders is 14x8" ET10. If you're willing to really get busy with the heat gun and fender roller, 14x8.5" ET3 is possible.

Comment

Hi Jay,

Me again :) Now I've got 16x9 Keskin KT1s et15 + 5mm spacer giving et10 on the rear with toyo t1r 225/45/16s. Now they fit very well and i could almost go slightly thicker spacers if i wanted.

I'm wanting to do the same on the front, I've fitted the keskins on the front with no spacer and 225/45/16s and they JUST clear the strut, the rims/tires do stick out of the rolled guard by a little tho ,do you think with adj top camber hats i would be able to pull the tire under the fender enough? Ive got offset m3 cab bushes in the front as well witch I'm told actually take out some of the camber? and give dynamic Castor?

I'm pretty sure ill have to end up going with 215/40/16s? what are your thoughts dude? I want the rear end to look fatter than the front and I'm a little concerned if i run a slimmer tire (more stretch) the front rims will "look" wider if you no what i mean. let me no what our thoughts are dude

Thanks

Riley
                            sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                            Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                            NEW One on the track :)
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                            Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              215/40.
                              Thanks Jay, I ended up going with a 15x7 et 35 set of them instead. Would I be able to run the 235/50/15 R888s on these? I've been following the discussion on them and they don't sound unreasonably too big. Toyo recommends 6.5-8.5 inch widths for them. What size spacers do I need to pull that size off?

Thanks!
                              Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 12-07-2008, 12:07 AM.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

What size tire for 15x8 TRMotorsport C1?

Not sure of the offset since they're still not available AFAIK.

Track only car with H&R Race and Bilstein sports.

Tire rack system recommends 205/55-15 tire size...sounds a little narrow to me. But what do I know. What do the experts say?
                                89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                                E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Working...
                                X