Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh PS that was 2 sets of 4

so i need to deceide what would work better with the available adapters in 25 and 35 ...i dont want them to poke, i guess i could roll the fenders when i drop the car....

great!

thansk for the awesome info

the only adapters i could find were H&R and they only come in 25mm and 35mm so i guess im goin to have to compromise somewhere

unless i can find another company making these things i thnk FK does but i cant seem to find one
    Last edited by Naplm00; 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM.
    88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
    85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Yo jay i can always count on you for a quick answer

Specs on the wheels.
      15x8
      With 5" backspacing.
      The e30 is on coilovers.
      im more worried about them rubbing on the coils then the fenders.
      Oh the tires are 205/50's
      Thanks man
      Turbo m30 drift car build.
      500whp or bust.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

BBS RZ Euro

15x7 et 20

I'd like a good tire for DD...good handling in all conditions and preferably something that wears out really slowly.

Any tips on a tire and size?
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I just want to check with you so that i am correct but say i have a set of wheels 18x7.5 with an offset of +45 and a backspacing of 6, I would need to run 20mm spacers?
          -tim
          Originally posted by Jordan
          I like the stance
          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

who here runs these XXR 501 16x8 +15?? i just ordered me a set of these since they are pretty cheapo and decent looking....will i need to run spacers on my car to fit properly? i am lowered on some bmp springs with some bilstein sports i believe...also i have some fake wide body fenders on i wonder if ill get away clean...

what are the spacers really used for? do adjust the sai line to the correct settings when an offsetted real is used?

edit: ok did some more reading and it seems 205/45/16 are the best sized tired for me to go? if possibly i would like to see if i could fit some wider rubber on there...whats the widest you think i could get away with 225? dare i say 245?
            Last edited by vivalegreg; 12-26-2008, 09:02 AM.
            e30s r kool

Comment

From doing some reading at the start of the thread, is it correct that 17's will generally allow for wider tires than 15 / 16's?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
                From doing some reading at the start of the thread, is it correct that 17's will generally allow for wider tires than 15 / 16's?

My guess would be that it has a lot to do with how wide the wheel is then how large the wheel is

Comment

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
                  oh PS that was 2 sets of 4

so i need to deceide what would work better with the available adapters in 25 and 35 ...i dont want them to poke, i guess i could roll the fenders when i drop the car....

great!

thansk for the awesome info

the only adapters i could find were H&R and they only come in 25mm and 35mm so i guess im goin to have to compromise somewhere

unless i can find another company making these things i thnk FK does but i cant seem to find one
                  Custom ones are all the rage with the E30-Porsche wheel deal. Do a search for some leads.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
                    Yo jay i can always count on you for a quick answer

Specs on the wheels.
                    15x8
                    With 5" backspacing.
                    The e30 is on coilovers.
                    im more worried about them rubbing on the coils then the fenders.
                    Oh the tires are 205/50's
                    Thanks man
                    Sorry for not being that quick, it was the holidays. :p

That wheel is ET12, so you'll have quite a bit of room to the suspension. With heavy fender rolling that setup works.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                      BBS RZ Euro

15x7 et 20

I'd like a good tire for DD...good handling in all conditions and preferably something that wears out really slowly.

Any tips on a tire and size?
                      I can't tell if the "fuck you" state is in the snow belt or not.

lol, tell me if snow and/or wet is a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by britishbmw View Post
                        I just want to check with you so that i am correct but say i have a set of wheels 18x7.5 with an offset of +45 and a backspacing of 6, I would need to run 20mm spacers?
                        20mm is good. 25mm will look better and still not need fender rolling with 215/35/18 tires (but 25mm spacers usually cost a lot more). Those will actually probably clear the struts without spacers, but it'll look really strange.

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
                          who here runs these XXR 501 16x8 +15?? i just ordered me a set of these since they are pretty cheapo and decent looking....will i need to run spacers on my car to fit properly? i am lowered on some bmp springs with some bilstein sports i believe...also i have some fake wide body fenders on i wonder if ill get away clean...

what are the spacers really used for? do adjust the sai line to the correct settings when an offsetted real is used?

edit: ok did some more reading and it seems 205/45/16 are the best sized tired for me to go? if possibly i would like to see if i could fit some wider rubber on there...whats the widest you think i could get away with 225? dare i say 245?
                          Lots of 501 guys on here, search under sportmax instead of xxr.

They fit perfectly without spacers, actually a nice width/offset combo. 205/45/16 tires are the common choice, as you won't need to do any fender rolling. If you go to a 225/45/16, you'll need to roll the fenders flat and still hope for the best. 245 is pretty much flares only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
                            Yes it is. This is due to the inclination of the struts on the front suspension (they tilt inwards as you move up vertically). Because of this, you can take advantage of the inner space by having a higher offset wheel, therefore giving you more net space.

Most 235/40/17s don't even need fender rolling with the right wheel setup. Like 17x8 ET25.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              I can't tell if the "fuck you" state is in the snow belt or not.

lol, tell me if snow and/or wet is a priority.
                              No snow. Wet is somewhat important but not very. I'm in Texas.
                              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                                No snow. Wet is somewhat important but not very. I'm in Texas.
                                lol, should have guessed that.

I just looked at Tirerack, and the news is bad. The two perfect tires for you would have been the Michelin Pilot Exalto (summer version) and the BFG KDW2, but BOTH have been discontinued in your size. That sucks.

There are now very few choices for what you want. The BFG Traction T/A is good in the dry/wet and lasts literally forever, but it's not a 10/10ths performance tire. Perfectly fine for a daily and is very competitive in it's class, but it's no summer tire.

If you want to give up some mileage the Falken 912 and the Fuzion ZRi are also good choices, and are a bit sportier (especially the ZRi). But they'll easily last half as long or less than the BFG.

Comment

Working...
                                X