Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
    Hey thanks again for the vote of confidence on they wheel purchase.

I ended up getting a set of 4
    16x7 ET65 forged porsche wheels
    I will be dropping the car by approx 1.5 inches via Bav auto cabrio specific springs
    its an 88 vert with the low rear arches

My understanding if I DONT want stretch and i also DONT want to roll the fenders

I would need
    205/50/16 tires ( or maybe a lil wider?)
    45mm adapters front and rear

I want that nice wide muscle car look; like wide-track
    Yeah, those specs are good.

But, then you won't have anything close to a "wide-track" look. For anything like that you'll need fender rolling. What I recommended is as aggressive as you can get with rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by M40_316i View Post
      Hi, Happy New Year.

I have a 316i M40 and i want to buy one of the following wheels :

15''X7 ET40
      15''X7 ET12

with 205/55/15 tyres.

Which one will fit my car without any problem?

THANKS!!!
      The ET12 version. That's a nice fit.

Comment

Originally posted by jpmarotta View Post
        I've got 2 sets of 15x7 wheels with ET27 (Kosei K1's and MSW Type 21 basketweaves). Think I'd be ok with 225/45-15's?
        Yeah that should be fine. Plenty of guys run 225/50/15 on the Koseis, the 45 should only help.

Unless you're talking R-comps, in which case strut clearance will get a little tight.

Comment

I dont Know if its been asked, I just need to Know if I can fit a 0mm offset wheel with alot of dish on my 1990 325I?

tHANKS

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
            How about a decent tire for a 13x4.5 wheel?
            lol I haven't a clue. The only tires I see are 165/65/13 or 165/70/13, and the few choices in each are all super high mileage economy tires. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tatertots View Post
              I dont Know if its been asked, I just need to Know if I can fit a 0mm offset wheel with alot of dish on my 1990 325I?

tHANKS
              You didn't mention width. A 16x9 at ET25 has the potential for a lot more dish than a 16x7 ET0.

But in any case, the only way to fit deep dish 0 offset wheels is to run stretched tires and have the car slammed to the ground with rolled/pulled fenders. Definitely not a bolt-on procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                You didn't mention width. A 16x9 at ET25 has the potential for a lot more dish than a 16x7 ET0.

But in any case, the only way to fit deep dish 0 offset wheels is to run stretched tires and have the car slammed to the ground with rolled/pulled fenders. Definitely not a bolt-on procedure.
                I was looking at 16x9 where can I find a picture of pulled fenders to see how it changes the look of the E30?

Or if I do the 16x9 ET25 with alot of dish, with the car slammed, what wheels would be the best to suit those specs?
                Last edited by tatertots; 01-07-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tatertots View Post
                  I was looking at 16x9 where can I find a picture of pulled fenders to see how it changes the look of the E30?

Or if I do the 16x9 ET25 with alot of dish, with the car slammed, what wheels would be the best to suit those specs?
                  For pics, search the forum?

16x9 ET15 is the common size, and there are a bunch of choices. Start at www.tunershop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    For pics, search the forum?

16x9 ET15 is the common size, and there are a bunch of choices. Start at www.tunershop.com
                    Alright thanks alot for the help man!

Comment

hi, im looking at getting a 15x7 et33 msw. Could you please advise what wheel spacer and longer lug nut i should get? And where i can purchase. Thank you.
                      Last edited by Mystikal; 01-07-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                        hi, im looking at getting a 15x7 et33 msw. Could you please advise what wheel spacer and longer lug nut i should get? And where i can purchase. Thank you.
                        15mm spacers and matching bolts. I think that's 60mm or so. www.turnermotorsport.com is a good source.

P.S. it shows that I edited your post because I clicked edit instead of quote. My bad. :p

Comment

is 8mm and/or 10mm too small?...thanks for the quick response

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by M40_316i View Post
                              I think the first wheels come from a VW and the second from a BMW E21. :loco:
                              [ATTACH]16331[/ATTACH]

Thanks Mystic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                                They're not too small, but they do not have hubcentric lips. It makes balancing the wheels on the car much more difficult, and I never recommend such a setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X