Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystikal you're the man. Always so helpful. Thanks.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

need tire sizing advice. 16x7 et15 16x8 et0. car is 1987 without fender rolling or flares,don't want tires real meaty or really streched tire appearance( leaning towards a 215 rear 195 front
      Last edited by BoostMW; 01-12-2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Im going to install a set of H&R coilovers and Vorshlag camber plates, the wheels Im going to use are 17x7.5 et 40 all around. I've heard that when you use the H&R coilovers you usually need a spacer up front, but Im not positive.

What size tires and spacers do you suggest? I'd like the wheels to be flush or slightly tuccked in.
        I was thinking 15mm spacer's??

thanks

I edited my post, the wheels are 17x7.5
        Last edited by catchuk; 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Could I fit a set of style 5's (17x8 et20) on a e36 m3 5-lug supension?

thanks alex

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Here's an odd one, Jay.

What would you guess the rear tire size and offset are on this car? I'm guessing the Azevs are 17x10.

Thanks
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Hi Jay, quick question. It's time for me to change my tires and I'm trying to decide between 2 sizes.
              I have throwing star replicas on a '91 318i. They are 16x7.5, ET20, 57.1. Here's what they look like, currently I have Potenza GIIIs on them, 205/50 front and 215/50 rear.

I'm thinking of going to a 205/45/16 all round next, will this be too stretched and/or affect the gearing? An M40 on a 4.10diff is already pretty short on gears as it is. Thanks!

Comment

what would be a nice square looking tire in a 205/50-16?

I have always been a fan of the traction T/A

but its kinda baloon like

I am looking for somthign square and that will get good mileage wear

I dont wan tto be replacing them every 8k
                88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by BoostMW View Post
                  need tire sizing advice. 16x7 et15 16x8 et0. car is 1987 without fender rolling or flares,don't want tires real meaty or really streched tire appearance( leaning towards a 215 rear 195 front
                  Your'e not getting those rears on without fender rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by catchuk View Post
                    Im going to install a set of H&R coilovers and Vorshlag camber plates, the wheels Im going to use are 17x7.5 et 40 all around. I've heard that when you use the H&R coilovers you usually need a spacer up front, but Im not positive.

What size tires and spacers do you suggest? I'd like the wheels to be flush or slightly tuccked in.
                    I was thinking 15mm spacer's??

thanks

I edited my post, the wheels are 17x7.5
                    I'd actually go with 20mm spacers for something closer to flush.

Look up pics of Kopi wheels on the board. Those are 17x7.5 ET20 (what your wheels would end up being), see if you like the fitment. Those work with 215/40/17 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                      Could I fit a set of style 5's (17x8 et20) on a e36 m3 5-lug supension?

thanks alex
                      Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                        Here's an odd one, Jay.

What would you guess the rear tire size and offset are on this car? I'm guessing the Azevs are 17x10.

Thanks
                        225/35/17 and ET20, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post
                          Hi Jay, quick question. It's time for me to change my tires and I'm trying to decide between 2 sizes.
                          I have throwing star replicas on a '91 318i. They are 16x7.5, ET20, 57.1. Here's what they look like, currently I have Potenza GIIIs on them, 205/50 front and 215/50 rear.

I'm thinking of going to a 205/45/16 all round next, will this be too stretched and/or affect the gearing? An M40 on a 4.10diff is already pretty short on gears as it is. Thanks!
                          Well the tire is shorter, so yeah it'll shorten the gearing a bit. There will barely be any stretch at all, just a little pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
                            what would be a nice square looking tire in a 205/50-16?

I have always been a fan of the traction T/A

but its kinda baloon like

I am looking for somthign square and that will get good mileage wear

I dont wan tto be replacing them every 8k
                            Square tires are becoming more and more rare.

The ES100 was the squarest tire I've ever seen, but it'd be hard to find a set and they definitely don't last long. The RT-615 is square, but it's not available in that size. 215/45/16 is though.

The G-Force Sport is a little rounded too, but it's a great tire that lasts long.

Comment

Hey jay,

Couple questions, I have a 15x7 fitipaldi/OZ wheel, et28 going to be bored to 4x100, my 89 325is is lowered on IE stage 3 springs with billy sports. I want a tire that is going to fill up the fender gaps really well and also want to pull the wheels out a bit. What would you suggest? Thanks in advance

Alex
                              ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                              *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                Nope.
                                What about 4 lug with 5 lug adapters? Or do I have to get e30 m3 suspension?

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X