Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    You dream up a new wheel/tire setup daily. Seek help.

ET25, ET25, ET20. If the tire is absolutely massive (over 9.3" section width or so) you may need to run a 3mm spacer with the latter 2 to clear the struts.
    I blame you for having an abundance of info on fitments!

This one is for real though! The Works are for sale.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Jay (or anyone that knows!!!),

I am thinking of the 15x8 TRMotorsport C1's from Tire Rack on a 1990 (early 90, more like an 89) 325ic with H&R sports and Billy sports. What size tire do you recommend, I don't want to roll fenders or run spacers on the car if possible.
      Last edited by WhiteE30ic; 04-05-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        Found out that the OZs are 17x8, which will make them easier to fit. Since they're et37, could I pull off the 235/40/17s at et17 with my 20mm spacers???

BTW sorry for being a pest.
        FWIW i have 17x8 et15 w/245/40/17 tires, and i had to roll the fenders very very flat, and also pound flat the hump in the rear wheel wells. et20 would have been EASY to fit.
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I'm back here again after some local research.
          Basically most wheels available locally are 7" wide (16" and 17").
          is 7" ok for 225 tire ? i see some toyo specs 225 will fit on 7" rim, but would that handle ok ? otherwise 215 tire would work well ?

I got a turbo e30 with about ~400hp with big brake setup (300mm front and rear), i'm looking for good traction and overall handling. 7.5 and 8" rims are rare here and i'd had to go and buy something brand new.
          if 7" is ok for 225 tire then this is my preffered solution, but if it's not ideal in terms of handling then i'll go get 17x7.5 or 17x8 (16" wheels not too common here).

Oh, also i'm retaining 4x100 PCD, but i have to run 20mm hubcentric spacer on the front(to clear big 4pot caliper).

Also what would be the most ideal wheel for e30 in terms of handling on the street ? i can roll guards, but not really pull fenders...... I'm thinking 225 wide because anything more seems to be much more expensive here...

thanks in advance,
          Mops.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteE30ic View Post
            Jay (or anyone that knows!!!),

I am thinking of the 15x8 TRMotorsport C1's from Tire Rack on a 1990 (early 90, more like an 89) 325ic with H&R sports and Billy sports. What size tire do you recommend, I don't want to roll fenders or run spacers on the car if possible.
            205/50 or 205/55.

Comment

Originally posted by mops View Post
              I'm back here again after some local research.
              Basically most wheels available locally are 7" wide (16" and 17").
              is 7" ok for 225 tire ? i see some toyo specs 225 will fit on 7" rim, but would that handle ok ? otherwise 215 tire would work well ?

I got a turbo e30 with about ~400hp with big brake setup (300mm front and rear), i'm looking for good traction and overall handling. 7.5 and 8" rims are rare here and i'd had to go and buy something brand new.
              if 7" is ok for 225 tire then this is my preffered solution, but if it's not ideal in terms of handling then i'll go get 17x7.5 or 17x8 (16" wheels not too common here).

Oh, also i'm retaining 4x100 PCD, but i have to run 20mm hubcentric spacer on the front(to clear big 4pot caliper).

Also what would be the most ideal wheel for e30 in terms of handling on the street ? i can roll guards, but not really pull fenders...... I'm thinking 225 wide because anything more seems to be much more expensive here...

thanks in advance,
              Mops.
              7" is fine for a 225, and the most ideal wheel is a round one. Bonus points if it's light.

Seriously though as long as the tire you're looking at has a stiff enough sidewall (and if you're looking at the T1-R, it really doesn't) 225 on a 7" works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                7" is fine for a 225, and the most ideal wheel is a round one. Bonus points if it's light.

Seriously though as long as the tire you're looking at has a stiff enough sidewall (and if you're looking at the T1-R, it really doesn't) 225 on a 7" works well.
                Thanks for input again.
                So what tire are would you recommend - mind you choice of tires here is rather limited also, so we just cant get some models, and generally speaking T1R is regarded here as pretty good. what other makes/models else would you recommend ?
                cheers.
                Matt.

Comment

Best tire size for 16x7.5 ?

What is a good tire size for 16x7.5 wheels?

I want a decent amount of rubber so that I don't have much wheel gap.

Right now I have 195/65 on 14" wheels and really like the stance as far as wheel gap (car is lowered), I'd like to similarly fill the wheel well, but with 16" wheels (7.5" wide).

Any suggestions?

Comment

225/45/16
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

What would be a decent size tire for a stock weave that wouldnt look like baloon tires?

And, although i dont think itll be worth the $, what spacers would give me a more flush fitment? 15 front 20 rear?

EDIT: im thinking 195/60, but whats good out there for no too much $, im not sure how long ill hold on to these
                      Last edited by Stephen; 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

OK since my thread isn't getting any action...

DZ Exklusiv DZ1
                        16x7.5 with 195/40
                        16x9 with 215/40 or 215/35?

Comment

Originally posted by mops View Post
                          Thanks for input again.
                          So what tire are would you recommend - mind you choice of tires here is rather limited also, so we just cant get some models, and generally speaking T1R is regarded here as pretty good. what other makes/models else would you recommend ?
                          cheers.
                          Matt.
                          T1-R is a good tire for sure, just leans pretty far into the luxury side of the equation.

Can you get the Falken RT-615? That comes in a great 215/45/16 size, here at least. If not, just tell me what brands you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by mkppk View Post
                            What is a good tire size for 16x7.5 wheels?

I want a decent amount of rubber so that I don't have much wheel gap.

Right now I have 195/65 on 14" wheels and really like the stance as far as wheel gap (car is lowered), I'd like to similarly fill the wheel well, but with 16" wheels (7.5" wide).

Any suggestions?
                            Need to know the offset of the wheels first.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              What would be a decent size tire for a stock weave that wouldnt look like baloon tires?

And, although i dont think itll be worth the $, what spacers would give me a more flush fitment? 15 front 20 rear?

EDIT: im thinking 195/60, but whats good out there for no too much $, im not sure how long ill hold on to these
                              You actually stumbled on the perfect spacer AND tire size on your own. Good work.

Falken RT-615, again. There is simply nothing else available for our stock wheels that comes remotely close.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudney View Post
                                OK since my thread isn't getting any action...

DZ Exklusiv DZ1
                                16x7.5 with 195/40
                                16x9 with 215/40 or 215/35?
                                Offsets?

Comment

Working...
                                X