Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay, i needs the huge rubber.

Let's say i can have a 17" wheel in whatever offset and width i need. What'd be the most logical width/offset to run for 245++ rubber in the back and similar in the front?

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
    Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
    E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
      Jay, i needs the huge rubber.

Let's say i can have a 17" wheel in whatever offset and width i need. What'd be the most logical width/offset to run for 245++ rubber in the back and similar in the front?
      My exact answer may change depending on mood, but a 17x8.5" ET26 wheel will clear the insides of the car with 245/35/17 rubber all around, and require some fender rolling. Pretty much ideal right there.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        My exact answer may change depending on mood, but a 17x8.5" ET26 wheel will clear the insides of the car with 245/35/17 rubber all around, and require some fender rolling. Pretty much ideal right there.

Jay
        How about for more rubber than that? Maybe a 9" wheel or larger?

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
          How about for more rubber than that? Maybe a 9" wheel or larger?
          Problem is staying close to a 24" diameter, and fitting under factory fenders. If you want wider than a 245/255, flares are your only option.

Jay

Comment

Ok, I have a set of BBS RS001's (mounted in my sig), so they are 15x7 et25.

I'm going to widen these babies but need a little help. How big of a lip can I add to these wheels and still fit, and look CLEAN??

I have some shitty springs, so I know it will look kind of off, but I'm going to put on some CG Coilovers soon so I can drop the car enough to minimize any wheel gap.

I want kind of the same look as egk2. Poking out a little, but not stupid looking. Could I run a 3" lip??? That would make them 15x9 et??

e30 325is - e30 M3 [FOR SALE] - Audi S4 - '78 F-250 .....clicky clicky

Comment

Problem is staying close to a 24" diameter, and fitting under factory fenders. If you want wider than a 245/255, flares are your only option.

Jay
              I'll be running an adjustable speedo off the tremec box so keeping the same rolling diameter isnt a huge problem :)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
                Ok, I have a set of BBS RS001's (mounted in my sig), so they are 15x7 et25.

I'm going to widen these babies but need a little help. How big of a lip can I add to these wheels and still fit, and look CLEAN??

I have some shitty springs, so I know it will look kind of off, but I'm going to put on some CG Coilovers soon so I can drop the car enough to minimize any wheel gap.

I want kind of the same look as egk2. Poking out a little, but not stupid looking. Could I run a 3" lip??? That would make them 15x9 et??
                Well, a similar stance to Ed's car would be 2" lips, making the wheel 15x8.5" ET6. You could do this with undersized and narrow tires (205/50 could work with moderate fender rolling, 195/50 is safe). I'd stick to 15x8 ET13, though. Really wide 15" wheels look strange on an E30 to me.

Jay

Comment

Well, a similar stance to Ed's car would be 2" lips, making the wheel 15x8.5" ET6. You could do this with undersized and narrow tires (205/50 could work with moderate fender rolling, 195/50 is safe). I'd stick to 15x8 ET13, though. Really wide 15" wheels look strange on an E30 to me.

Jay
                  I'm pretty sure that I have a 1" lip, so wouldn't 2" lips make the wheels 15x8 instead of 15x8.5? And if I'm correect, and using your knowledge, I would be abe to run a 2.5 and acheve an et of 6?

Is that correct?? Here's the wheel

Comment

I've got an RS question as well.

Any issues with fitting 15" RS with the following et's and tire sizes?

15x6 offset dropped to ~18 by narrowing the inner 1/2" 15x7 offset increased to ~24 by widening the inner by 1/2"

Tires are 195/50/15.

Thanks alot.

Comment

Ok so I've done a little calculating of my own and this is what I came up with. Let me know if I'm way off here.

Roughly:

Stock 1" Lips- 15x7 et25
                      Adding 2" Lips- 15x8 et12/13 (I think it's like 12.7)
                      Add 2.5" Lips- 15x8.5 et6

So if I take off my stock BBS 1" lips and slap on some 2.5" lips I will be running 15x8.5 et6. Can I run this without to many problems???

Comment

18x8 et35 front with 215/35/18
                        18x8 et38 rear with 235/30/18

Will these sizes fit on a 325is lowered with IE stage 3 springs and bilsteins with E30 M3 front struts? The rear fenders are rolled. I realize that some width of spacer will be required. Any size suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
                          I'm pretty sure that I have a 1" lip, so wouldn't 2" lips make the wheels 15x8 instead of 15x8.5? And if I'm correect, and using your knowledge, I would be abe to run a 2.5 and acheve an et of 6?

Is that correct?? Here's the wheel
                          Let's use the concept of "wider" rather than lip size.

Turning the wheel into a 15x8 = ET12, 15x8.5" = ET6. This is what I already said, the problem came in when we discussed the size of the lips.

I'm used to BBS RM's, which have 0.5" stock outers. If 15x7 ET25 RS' have 1" outers (which would make sense), then use that as a reference point. In any case, the original specs and advice I gave are still applicable.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by scoutzilla View Post
                            I've got an RS question as well.

Any issues with fitting 15" RS with the following et's and tire sizes?

15x6 offset dropped to ~18 by narrowing the inner 1/2" 15x7 offset increased to ~24 by widening the inner by 1/2"

Tires are 195/50/15.

Thanks alot.
                            I think your post has a typo. But if the end result is 15x7 ET24, then that is perfect. 205/55/15 or 225/50/15 are the correct tires, though.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Hennarot M3 View Post
                              18x8 et35 front with 215/35/18
                              18x8 et38 rear with 235/30/18

Will these sizes fit on a 325is lowered with IE stage 3 springs and bilsteins with E30 M3 front struts? The rear fenders are rolled. I realize that some width of spacer will be required. Any size suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike
                              If you have E30 M3 hub geometry all around, that is actually damn near ideal. No spacers on the front, chance of either small spacers on the rear and/or inner fender well hammering, and good clearance to the fenders. 18" wheels let you get away with a lot.

Jay

Comment

just picked up 4 Kopi 17x7.5 20mm Offset wheels from abrahams motorsport and also ordered 4 bridgestone Potenza RE-01R 225/45zr17s.

i want to run them on my 1991 325i vert thats running bilstein BTS sport shocks and springs with a 1.25 drop.
                                i was told they would only rub on full lock turns but im kinda worried .
                                i dont mind if they rub only under full lock but thats about it.
                                they also have them in 215/45zr17s or 205/45zr17 that i may be able 2 exchange them for but im not sure
                                what do you think?
                                thanks in advance for the help
                                troy
                                Last edited by M3TROY; 08-11-2007, 06:15 AM.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X