Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M3TROY View Post
    just picked up 4 Kopi 17x7.5 20mm Offset wheels from abrahams motorsport and also ordered 4 bridgestone Potenza RE-01R 225/45zr17s.

i want to run them on my 1991 325i vert thats running bilstein BTS sport shocks and springs with a 1.25 drop.
    i was told they would only rub on full lock turns but im kinda worried .
    i dont mind if they rub only under full lock but thats about it.
    they also have them in 215/45zr17s or 205/45zr17 that i may be able 2 exchange them for but im not sure
    what do you think?
    thanks in advance for the help
    troy
    I doubt that car will even be able to roll with those tires, let alone traverse a bump. The tires will be crammed into the body.

The 205/45/17 would be the correct overall diameter.

Jay

Comment

17X8.5 all around running ET0 in the rear and et10 in the front.
      If i run 205/40/17's what do u think, i can get away without rollin the fronts?

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Hey guys...here I go with wheels... Damn am I frustrated.

So I am looking for some nice wheels, and I have them all picked out. It just comes down to size. I want bigger than 16" wheels, so here are my thoughts...

Work VS-XX
        18X9 Rear ET? Also - with the correct offset - what is the lip size?
        18X8 Front ET? Same lip size question.
        What tires can I run?

Sticking with the 4X100 (so far), 3 piece wheel, and I need to have them custom made. What should I tell them to use for a center bore?

Thank you for all the help in advance!
        Last edited by VAPORBLADE; 08-15-2007, 06:03 AM.
        '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking into getting a set of falken rt-615 tires. My wheel specs are 16x7.5 in the front and 16x9 in the rear. Will rt-615's in 215/45 fronts and 225/50 rear fit? If not can you suggest some other tire options that will work with my wheels? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post
            17X8.5 all around running ET0 in the rear and et10 in the front.
            If i run 205/40/17's what do u think, i can get away without rollin the fronts?
            Hell no. I'm just putting this answer out for the board to see, as I already smacked you in the head last week for asking me this.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by VAPORBLADE View Post
              Hey guys...here I go with wheels... Damn am I frustrated.

So I am looking for some nice wheels, and I have them all picked out. It just comes down to size. I want bigger than 16" wheels, so here are my thoughts...

Work VS-XX
              18X9 Rear ET? Also - with the correct offset - what is the lip size?
              18X8 Front ET? Same lip size question.
              What tires can I run?

Sticking with the 4X100 (so far), 3 piece wheel, and I need to have them custom made. What should I tell them to use for a center bore?

Thank you for all the help in advance!
              18x9 ET25 rear 225/35/18 tires
              18x8 ET30 front 215/35/18 tires
              57.1mm centerbore

Rolled rear quarters minimum, might get away with the fronts.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jms16v View Post
                I'm looking into getting a set of falken rt-615 tires. My wheel specs are 16x7.5 in the front and 16x9 in the rear. Will rt-615's in 215/45 fronts and 225/50 rear fit? If not can you suggest some other tire options that will work with my wheels? Thanks.
                I need your wheel offset.

Jay

Comment

oops i forget to mention the offsets.

16x7.5 (front) - et20
                  16x9 (rear) - et15

Comment

oops i forget to mention the offsets.

16x7.5 (front) - et20
                    16x9 (rear) - et15
                    You're not getting anything bigger than a 215 on the rear without flaring the fender.

215/45/16 RT-615s front and rear will work. Alternatively, 215/45/16 Hankook R-S2 front and 225/45/16 rear with some serious rolling/flaring.

Jay

Comment

How much stretch will the 215/45/16 have on a 9 inch wide wheel? Also, the 225/50 definitely won't fit even with rolled rear fenders? I am trying to keep the tire-stretch to an absolute minimum. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        Hell no. I'm just putting this answer out for the board to see, as I already smacked you in the head last week for asking me this.

Jay
                        Fine Im Going Wider then.
                        U'll get a call every time i rub.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

BBS 17x8" all round, ET40.

What size tire and spacer, bearing in mind that I'm running E30 M3 hubs and currently sit on an ET30 15" wheel.

Without spacers, I'll have 23mm less room at the strut end and 3mm less room on the lip side.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

How much stretch will the 215/45/16 have on a 9 inch wide wheel? Also, the 225/50 definitely won't fit even with rolled rear fenders? I am trying to keep the tire-stretch to an absolute minimum. Thanks.
                            VERY stretched.

With that offset and wheel width, 225/50 won't fit without a visible flaring of the fender. Think custom bodywork.

Look into 245/35/16 Toyo T1-R. Will be easier to fit. You could put the 225/45/16 or 225/40/16 on the front.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                              BBS 17x8" all round, ET40.

What size tire and spacer, bearing in mind that I'm running E30 M3 hubs and currently sit on an ET30 15" wheel.

Without spacers, I'll have 23mm less room at the strut end and 3mm less room on the lip side.
                              15mm spacers all around, and a 215/40/17 tire will fit fine without any fender rolling. Alternatively, a 235/40/17 (or 245/35/17) with the same spacer will fit with a fender roll in the rear.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                18x9 ET25 rear 225/35/18 tires
                                18x8 ET30 front 215/35/18 tires
                                57.1mm centerbore

Rolled rear quarters minimum, might get away with the fronts.

Jay
                                Will it be ok with Ground Controls, and will I be able to drop the car to a full drop if I wanted to?

Josh
                                '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X