Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I want to put 15x7 ET 25 will I need a spacer up front? Also what size lug will work. I tried to put them on, but the stock lugs I have are too shot.

Comment

I have 17x10 et22 in the rear, 17x8.5 in the front. The rear fenders will be rolled and massaged/pulled a bit. can I fit a 255-40-17 in the rear and a 225-40-17 in the front?

edit: suspension is bilstein shocks and IE stg. III springs

Originally posted by Ryan...
      It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ipower View Post
        Just curious why my 15X7 Borbet type bs (et35) rims with 205/55 rub the inside front struts badly. Do i need spacers for them, if so what size do you think, also do i need smaller tires for them would that help out.. They bolt right up just rub really bad..Cheers in advance
        They need spacers, that's the VW version of the wheel. 15mm hubcentric all around would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by dupemaster View Post
          If I want to put 15x7 ET 25 will I need a spacer up front? Also what size lug will work. I tried to put them on, but the stock lugs I have are too shot.
          No spacers at all, that setup is about identical to factory (15x7 ET24).

The stock bolts should be fine, but if the wheel has an oddly thick hub then I guess you'd need something longer. You'll have to measure or trial and error that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
            I have 17x10 et22 in the rear, 17x8.5 in the front. The rear fenders will be rolled and massaged/pulled a bit. can I fit a 255-40-17 in the rear and a 225-40-17 in the front?

edit: suspension is bilstein shocks and IE stg. III springs
            Not a chance in hell. Even with a 225/40/17 you'll need that rolling and pulling. Also, you'll need a 3mm spacer in the back to clear the trailing arm safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              Not a chance in hell. Even with a 225/40/17 you'll need that rolling and pulling. Also, you'll need a 3mm spacer in the back to clear the trailing arm safely.

I tested my 17x10 et20 witout spacer in its rubbing a bit. It could pass, but with a bit of cutting on the body spring support. et20 with 3mm spacer is perfect for inner clearance. So I guest that 5mm spacer would be better for 17x10 et22.
              E30 now S52
              2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
              325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

ok fenders are rolled and pulled. I grinded down the trailing arm and rewelded it. cut the spring support. what about a 255-35?

Originally posted by Ryan...
                It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

I am looking at getting those TRmotorsport 15x8 wheels that were mentioned earlier in the thread from the tire rack. They have a 20mm offset and I was wondering what the biggest tire I could fit on them would be? maybe a 255? I plan on cutting my fenders and putting flares so that wouldn't really be a major problem. Can it be done?
                  1991 318is Track Car
                  1986 190e Cosworth

Comment

Okay so I got a good offer and am looking into this option. They are the 1984 supra rims. My problem is that I believe they are 4x114.3 pattern. I was looking for spacers on ebay but all just go between 4x100 and 4x108. is there a spacer available? if so what would be the best tire size that would fit with a 75/60 drop.
                    Originally posted by Good & Tight
                    It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
                      I tested my 17x10 et20 witout spacer in its rubbing a bit. It could pass, but with a bit of cutting on the body spring support. et20 with 3mm spacer is perfect for inner clearance. So I guest that 5mm spacer would be better for 17x10 et22.
                      Was that bare rim, or with your big tires? There are plenty of guys running 17x10 ET20 (standard E30 fitment Brocks and Keskins) with no spacers and stretched tires. If you want to run something bigger than a 225/40, then yeah, you'd need slightly more room.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                        ok fenders are rolled and pulled. I grinded down the trailing arm and rewelded it. cut the spring support. what about a 255-35?
                        No such tire size. 245/35/17 exists though.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                          Okay so I got a good offer and am looking into this option. They are the 1984 supra rims. My problem is that I believe they are 4x114.3 pattern. I was looking for spacers on ebay but all just go between 4x100 and 4x108. is there a spacer available? if so what would be the best tire size that would fit with a 75/60 drop.
                          Ha! My dad had those on his '85 GT-S. Classic JDM.

You can have custom adapters made, but first you'll need to figure out the offset of those wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            Was that bare rim, or with your big tires? There are plenty of guys running 17x10 ET20 (standard E30 fitment Brocks and Keskins) with no spacers and stretched tires. If you want to run something bigger than a 225/40, then yeah, you'd need slightly more room.
                            It was the rim rubbing on the spring body support Which is an easy part to cut since its really to big for the top of the spring. So that must be the the way to fit them...
                            E30 now S52
                            2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Will 17x9 +20 rub

Comment

Sup i am a complete noob for wheels size and offset need help please. well question is i have a stock suspension for now but when i get wheels im gonna do springs and struts/shocks. So i am interested in the Axis OG san wheel in a 15x8. What offset will i need, will i need to roll my fenders to fit a 8" wheel, i dont plan on going crazy with the width. If 8" requires me to roll my fenders what is the max width where i can avoid rolling the fenders. Will spacers be needed? Thanks so much. Great thread!
                                1989 325i - sold
                                1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
                                1990 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X