Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a set of BBS RS 003, they have been widened to 8.5, would i be able to fit these thing on H&R race with out rolling the fenders? What tire size would be ideal for these?

Comment

Just bought a minty 90 325i, been driving dubs since '87 but have always been BMW curious ;). The car needs tires to register and rather than buy new tires for the 14" bottlecaps, I'd like to know if I can use a vdub set. I have the following.

Ronal 5 spoke 15x7 et 15

Ronal R8 15x7 et 28

ATS Cups Limited 15x7 et38 forged 5.4 kg = 11.88lbs

All three sets 80's-90's vintage, my Scirocco is spoiled but doesn't mind sharing.

I would really love to use the Cups, but either Ronals would be sweet. My preference is not to use spacers but I understand I may have to. To those who are wondering why I just don't try fitting them, the car is approx 400 kms away and I don't pick it up for a couple of weeks.

Suggestions for tires are welcome, and I thank all comments in advance.

Ramiro

Comment

Considering rebuilding a set of BBS RM012 for use on my E30. Backspace will remain the same, so with new lips what would be the max width without rolling the fenders (available lips go to 3" for a total of 9" rim width)? What would be the max tire profile? What would be the best staggered option (or is staggered even worth it)?

The car is not for any sort of competition - no autocross or track. It's a top-down cruiser.
        Jay
        '84 M635CSi
        '86 M5
        '88 325i Cabrio
        '88 735i

Comment

Will RS164, 15x9.5" et 9 fit on 1991 E30 rear? Slightly different specs with RS072 (15x9" et 3) that is recommended by BBS for E30 rear fitment.
          Got one nice staggered set RS047 & RS164 (both PCD 4x100) ex Renault up for sale and I am keen.
          Thanks for the advice.
          sigpic

Comment

hi, do i need spacer/fender work to fit this rim n tyres on my 83 e30?

16x8 et25
            215/45/16 front
            245/45/16 rear

thanx in advance

Comment

Allright, I just don't get it.
              E30_boy had:
              16x7.5 et20 215/40r16 16x9 et25 245/35r16
              I can't see the pictures to verify how much body work he had done.

I'm contemplating something similar but the rear offset is different (et15), and I was thinking about running a 225 front tire.

So, potential setup would be:
              16x7.5 et20 225/40r16 and 16x9 et15 245/35r16
              I'm on coilovers and fenders are all rolled.
              I'm also getting ready to fix the rear geometry with a toe/camber kit.

Am I dreaming? Is this going to work? Does that 10mm in the offset make all the difference?
              Thanks again! Your advice is priceless.
              Last edited by ldsbeaker; 06-26-2009, 06:04 AM.
              Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
                It was the rim rubbing on the spring body support Which is an easy part to cut since its really to big for the top of the spring. So that must be the the way to fit them...
                I've seen the same pair of Keskin 17x10 ET20 rears moved from an '87 to a '90 E30 with no spacers, no rubbing. There are also others online running the same setup. Something is a little strange with your car...

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
                  Will 17x9 +20 rub
                  You will need spacers to clear the front struts, 8mm is safe. Doesn't need anything in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by TheB1G Lebowski View Post
                    Sup i am a complete noob for wheels size and offset need help please. well question is i have a stock suspension for now but when i get wheels im gonna do springs and struts/shocks. So i am interested in the Axis OG san wheel in a 15x8. What offset will i need, will i need to roll my fenders to fit a 8" wheel, i dont plan on going crazy with the width. If 8" requires me to roll my fenders what is the max width where i can avoid rolling the fenders. Will spacers be needed? Thanks so much. Great thread!
                    What offsets do they offer is the more pertinent question.

Comment

Originally posted by Mfever View Post
                      Found a set of BBS RS 003, they have been widened to 8.5, would i be able to fit these thing on H&R race with out rolling the fenders? What tire size would be ideal for these?
                      Those are now 16x8.5 ET6, which is very aggressive. Even with 205/45/16 tires stretched on, you will likely have to roll the rear fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by ramdmc View Post
                        Just bought a minty 90 325i, been driving dubs since '87 but have always been BMW curious ;). The car needs tires to register and rather than buy new tires for the 14" bottlecaps, I'd like to know if I can use a vdub set. I have the following.

Ronal 5 spoke 15x7 et 15

Ronal R8 15x7 et 28

ATS Cups Limited 15x7 et38 forged 5.4 kg = 11.88lbs

All three sets 80's-90's vintage, my Scirocco is spoiled but doesn't mind sharing.

I would really love to use the Cups, but either Ronals would be sweet. My preference is not to use spacers but I understand I may have to. To those who are wondering why I just don't try fitting them, the car is approx 400 kms away and I don't pick it up for a couple of weeks.

Suggestions for tires are welcome, and I thank all comments in advance.

Ramiro
                        The first Ronals will fit fine with 205 tires, as long as they clear the calipers (some low offset wheels have little clearance).

The R8s will fit perfectly with up to 225 tires. Those are E30 wheels.

The Cups will need at least 10mm spacers all around, I'd suggest 15mm minimum if you're going to bother. Even with the latter, 225s will fit.

And all of this is without fender rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by JayM View Post
                          Considering rebuilding a set of BBS RM012 for use on my E30. Backspace will remain the same, so with new lips what would be the max width without rolling the fenders (available lips go to 3" for a total of 9" rim width)? What would be the max tire profile? What would be the best staggered option (or is staggered even worth it)?

The car is not for any sort of competition - no autocross or track. It's a top-down cruiser.
                          Were you the one who asked me this on maXbimmer? Just asking so I don't go into it all again, as this wording is slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by kreasims View Post
                            Will RS164, 15x9.5" et 9 fit on 1991 E30 rear? Slightly different specs with RS072 (15x9" et 3) that is recommended by BBS for E30 rear fitment.
                            Got one nice staggered set RS047 & RS164 (both PCD 4x100) ex Renault up for sale and I am keen.
                            Thanks for the advice.
                            BBS recommends what?! Those will be poking outside the fenders, I'd be shocked if they said that.

In any case, the RS164 will fit, with severely stretched tires. Think 205/50/15s and heavily rolled and maybe even slightly pulled fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by schwa View Post
                              hi, do i need spacer/fender work to fit this rim n tyres on my 83 e30?

16x8 et25
                              215/45/16 front
                              245/45/16 rear

thanx in advance
                              Front no problem. I'd even go with 225/45/16.

Rear will need a flat fender roll, but otherwise it should be okay. Your early arches will help here.

Comment

Hey Mystikal,

Lookin to pick up Alpina Kopi's 17x7.5 ET20.

gonna mount them with Yokohama Parada 215/40ZR17.

My E30 325i is dropped on HR sports and blistein shocks, will I have any rubbing issues, or need to roll anything ?

Comment

Working...
                                X