Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
    whats the correct offset for the poke look. with out rubbing?
    Totally depends on tire size, wheel width, suspension setup, model year....essentially why this thread is so damn long is because it's all very flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      No fitment issues at all. However, there is only one 225/40/17 tire, and it's terrible. Either use a 215/40/17 or 235/40/17.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Those are pretty much an ideal offset. You can actually go all the way to 235/40/17 without rubbing anything.
        With or without the 5mm spacers?

Comment

Totally depends on tire size, wheel width, suspension setup, model year....essentially why this thread is so damn long is because it's all very flexible.
          Thanks for the reply. Now i have a 5 lug conversion. I'm not sure if its e36 or e46..? I'm trying to find the right offset for that.

Comment

you should be getting endorsed for this shit

Comment

I got it its e36

Comment

215/40/16 is possible to mount, but it'd be an extreme stretch. I'd probably go with 225/40/16 for safety's sake, which is still an insane look.
                so your pritty certain in can make that work on my e30 with the width and offsets....i mean ya i've seen pics but good god that seems like alot of wheel for an e30....lol
                Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

how about 215/45/16's on 7" Alpinas. I have 205/50/16's now

Comment

How do you feel about 225/35/17 fk452's? Wheels are 17x7.5 et35 all around. I have 10mm spacers on the front. For some day to day socal driving, and weekend Canyon runs. My car is on coilovers if you don't remember from my 5000 other questions.
                    Turbo m30 drift car build.
                    500whp or bust.
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      With or without the 5mm spacers?
                      Without, just barely (referring to the front).

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
                        Thanks for the reply. Now i have a 5 lug conversion. I'm not sure if its e36 or e46..? I'm trying to find the right offset for that.
                        I haven't pinned this down as well as all of the E30 setups (RWD, iX, and M3), but it's APPROXIMATELY a 20mm hub geometry difference from the RWD E30 4-lug.

So, a 16x9 ET15 (most common E30 "flush" fitment) would be approximately a 16x9 ET35 with E36 5-lug. This is a slightly rough estimate, it could go 5mm in either direction.

Comment

Originally posted by e30slut View Post
                          you should be getting endorsed for this shit
                          One day I'll snap and just start giving bs info for fun. Wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                            so your pritty certain in can make that work on my e30 with the width and offsets....i mean ya i've seen pics but good god that seems like alot of wheel for an e30....lol
                            You're looking at significant bodywork, no doubt. I was there when Qimis put 16x9.5 and 16x10 RS's on his E30, and I witnessed how much fender flaring had to take place. It won't be cheap to make that look right.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                              how about 215/45/16's on 7" Alpinas. I have 205/50/16's now
                              Yup that's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
                                How do you feel about 225/35/17 fk452's? Wheels are 17x7.5 et35 all around. I have 10mm spacers on the front. For some day to day socal driving, and weekend Canyon runs. My car is on coilovers if you don't remember from my 5000 other questions.
                                Pricey.

With that setup I'd shoot for 235/40/17. It should fit easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X