Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethreezy90 View Post
    just ordered esm 001 16x8 0 offset. running a 90 325is with bilstein sport shocks and bavarian auto springs. what size tires should i use? i want as big as possible without mods or rubbing.
    I hate to tell you this, but with 0 offset and 8" I think you're in for mods and rubbing.
    Last edited by constructor; 11-05-2009, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      225 will work with a basic/flat fender roll in the back. 215 shouldn't need anything to fit.

If it were me I'd just go with the 215/45 Kumho XS. Bargain in that size.
      this is true with a late model, but for an early model you can run 16x8 et20 with 225s and not rub in the rear. not sure what the original poster has.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
        15x8+10 all around? Do i need spacers?
        Not at all, those are already way out there. Plan on 195 or 205 tires and some moderate fender rolling in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by ethreezy90 View Post
          just ordered esm 001 16x8 0 offset. running a 90 325is with bilstein sport shocks and bavarian auto springs. what size tires should i use? i want as big as possible without mods or rubbing.
          Big as possible without mods? Maybe it'd clear with some tiny 195/45/16s. Maybe.

That offset is simply not made for an E30.

Comment

Hey Jay, I've got some Kopi questions for you.

I want to make these things a bit more flush. I was thinking 195/40's and somewhere around a 5mm front and a 15mm rear. I've got rolled fenders, but I'm pretty damn low. Think I'm going to have any problems with that setup?

Also, what tires would you recommend in that size? I was looking at the Yokohama S.Drives, but I haven't heard much about them.

EDIT: I looked into the S.Drives some more and it seems they run pretty wide. I found some 205/40 Falken 512s though, which I know run skinny. How well do you think they would fit?
            Last edited by E30SPDFRK; 11-10-2009, 02:17 PM.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

225 will work with a basic/flat fender roll in the back. 215 shouldn't need anything to fit.

If it were me I'd just go with the 215/45 Kumho XS. Bargain in that size.
              Tires come tomorrow... rolled the fenders on Saturday... hope it fit.

Comment

I found a pretty good deal on some 16" BBS RX's with brand new 205/50R tires. I searched the thread and was a little unclear so can someone help me out with fitment?

I'd be running them on an 89 cabrio with stock suspension and the intent to go to H&R sport / Bilstein setup eventually.

What size spacers would I need and is any fender rolling necessary? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                  Hey Jay, I've got some Kopi questions for you.

I want to make these things a bit more flush. I was thinking 195/40's and somewhere around a 5mm front and a 15mm rear. I've got rolled fenders, but I'm pretty damn low. Think I'm going to have any problems with that setup?

Also, what tires would you recommend in that size? I was looking at the Yokohama S.Drives, but I haven't heard much about them.

EDIT: I looked into the S.Drives some more and it seems they run pretty wide. I found some 205/40 Falken 512s though, which I know run skinny. How well do you think they would fit?
                  Sorry for the lateness.

Looking at the section width of the 512s, you should easily be able to space the wheels out 15mm in the back without worrying. In fact depending on how hard you worked that roller, 20mm in the back would be easy. For the front, I'd probably go with 10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    I found a pretty good deal on some 16" BBS RX's with brand new 205/50R tires. I searched the thread and was a little unclear so can someone help me out with fitment?

I'd be running them on an 89 cabrio with stock suspension and the intent to go to H&R sport / Bilstein setup eventually.

What size spacers would I need and is any fender rolling necessary? Thanks
                    15mm spacers. No fender rolling.

Comment

Sorry for the lateness.

Looking at the section width of the 512s, you should easily be able to space the wheels out 15mm in the back without worrying. In fact depending on how hard you worked that roller, 20mm in the back would be easy. For the front, I'd probably go with 10mm.
                      Np man, I know you probably have a life outside of this thread, lol.

This is the height I'm at.

Still think I'll be fine? Those are 205/50's right now-
                      I cant find any really skinny tires for a 7.5.
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                        Np man, I know you probably have a life outside of this thread, lol.

This is the height I'm at.

Still think I'll be fine? Those are 205/50's right now-
                        I cant find any really skinny tires for a 7.5.
                        Yeah the issue when you're that low in the back is not rubbing the fender lip, it's higher up. Which isn't at all easy to remedy.

15mm rear will be safe.

Comment

I can't remember if I asked this or not.

16x8 et15 501s with 245/35/16 toyo proxes?

Comment

hi, i have 15" momo on my 325e i want to go with some 17x 7.5 or 17x8 what wheels you guys think i should get looking for something with a deep dish. also need help with tire size

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                              I can't remember if I asked this or not.

16x8 et15 501s with 245/35/16 toyo proxes?
                              you are getting teh sportmaxxorz?
                              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

e30 couple lowered on hr sports and bilsteins.

will running 16x8 et10 all around wrapped with 215/45s cause issues...esp on the track?

Comment

Working...
                                X