Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive asked before and been answered but should I have any rubbing problems with 17x7 et27 on an ie3 drop with 215/40/17?

Like will it even be close? Also, does anyone have pics of their car with 17x7 with a total et of 25-27 lowered on IE3 or H&R Race? Might not be the place to ask but not sure if I should make a pic request thread when I could possibly get an answer here.

Just basically trying to get people that have that setup on their car and can vouch. (ie3/h&r race + 17x7 and 215/40/17)
    Thanks
    Last edited by NickL; 12-03-2009, 04:00 PM.
    1987 325is - S52

Comment

Originally posted by NickL View Post
      Ive asked before and been answered but should I have any rubbing problems with 17x7 et27 on an ie3 drop with 215/40/17?

Like will it even be close? Also, does anyone have pics of their car with 17x7 with a total et of 25-27 lowered on IE3 or H&R Race? Might not be the place to ask but not sure if I should make a pic request thread when I could possibly get an answer here.

Just basically trying to get people that have that setup on their car and can vouch. (ie3/h&r race + 17x7 and 215/40/17)
      Thanks
      i dont have that setup, but i think you'll be fine.
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

is it alright if you have a 185/65/14 on stock weaves instead of 195?

Comment

Originally posted by ETA01 View Post
          yes. it is a bit smaller in terms of diameter (and narrower obviously). just know you can go wider when you get new tires.

sorry for jacking your thread, Jay!
          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
            i dont have that setup, but i think you'll be fine.
            Alright. It sounds like ill be fine but it would be nice to hear from someone who has experienced that setup. Still looking for someone to chime in that has that setup.

Thanks.
            1987 325is - S52

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
              fine, get the oversized tires. i'm done trying to explain to you why that is a bad idea.
              Ok I took ur advise and did some resarch. Of course found that changing the diameter is a horrible idea because of cam angles, fender rubbing and all the good stuff.

Really glad you made me reconsider because the sales man was very convinsing that it would be fine, ha.

So I will be getting 205/50/16 and just have to find the right tire for me!

Thanks again!
              1986 RED ROSE (325es)

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine_M View Post
                Oh no I took ur advice!

But ya know two heads are better then one!

So I'm guesing the 225/50 would hit the strut up front?

The thing is 225/45 are hard to find and the 225/50 are in stock everywhere I have called.

Lol guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

Any suggestions on a quiet smoth tire
                It's not the strut, it's the entire front fenderwell. The tire is simply too tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaliyo View Post
                  I would have to use adapters sooo does that change wheel size?
                  Wheel size? No. I was going by the final offsets you posted (5 and 0).

Comment

Originally posted by NickL View Post

Thanks
                    Not even remotely close. You'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ETA01 View Post
                      Yup, it's fine. Your speedo is off by like 10% right now though (undersized tire + E30s read VERY HIGH), you'll see this if you use a GPS.

Comment

This probably has been covered many times over, but I couldn't look through 189 pages. I have a set of 15in basketweaves from a 325ix. I wanna put them on my 91 318is and I was wondering what the best size wheel spacer would be? Again sorry if this has been covered.

Comment

Originally posted by abefroman View Post
                          This probably has been covered many times over, but I couldn't look through 189 pages. I have a set of 15in basketweaves from a 325ix. I wanna put them on my 91 318is and I was wondering what the best size wheel spacer would be? Again sorry if this has been covered.
                          15mm front 20mm rear would be nice.

Comment

Any suggestions for good tires in 205/50/15?
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                              Any suggestions for good tires in 205/50/15?
                              Hardly on topic for the thread, and "good" can mean anything. Post in the tires thread or make a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                Hardly on topic for the thread, and "good" can mean anything. Post in the tires thread or make a new one.
                                Durr I didn't realize there was a tire thread, my bad.

EDIT: Here's a real question, though.

The ESM/pro-jecc Type A reps:

With a 5mm spacer, I'm assuming these would fit fine. Or no spacer?

What size tires, though? The staggered set up.
                                Last edited by chadthestampede; 12-08-2009, 04:27 PM.
                                Originally posted by LJ851
                                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X