Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay,

Just received my 17x7.5" SSR Type C, ET 37 Miata fitment.

Plan on running sticky 215/40/17s. I'm leaning toward a 20mm spacer over 15mm.

Thoughts?
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmatt View Post
      Okay here is a new one for my car.

How about 16x7.5 et21 for the front and 16x8.5 et24 on the rear?

Is a 215/45/16 still going to be my best option front and rear?
      Yeah. A 225/45 is possible all around with a flat fender roll in the rear though.

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
        How about 225/50-16 on a 16x7.5" rim et20
        Thats almost a 25" tall tire. Is that pushing it in the OD dimension?

J.
        Too tall, I don't recommend them. I've seen guys do it, but never without some sort of rubbing issue.

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
          i am looking at some wheels now that are 15x8 with a -12 offset. this car will be used for auto x and track days you think the wheels/tires will stick out ? would using IE fender flares cover them if they do ?
          Far too low of an offset, especially for a track car. Even though the flares would cover them, your steering geometry would be off enough to cause serious handling issues (i.e. the car will be twitchy).

Comment

Originally posted by eta1987 View Post
            yo are 20mm spacers what i need to run 15" ix weaves on my e30? it has an H&R cup kit with offset cab's if that makes a difference
            Answered your PM. That works, or 15/20 F/R stagger for a more even stance.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
              Hey,

I have Azev Type A 16x9's all around. the Front poke way more than the rears, what is the offset of these wheels and the hub bore?

also what kind of spacers i should run in the rears to even up the poke.

I am purchasing the spacers by this week, if i could get help on this would be much appreciated.

and the lips on the fenders are rolled, or either the fenders are rolled. sorry i can't tell. i could prove picture of said above,

-huss
              They are +15 all around. You likely have spacers on the front right now, you might want to verify the size of those first so I can tell you what will balance the stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Jay,

I'm picking out replacement tires for the azenis for this track season.

My car overpowered the 215/40/17 falkens a bit this season (braking mostly, but also cornering) so i was hopping for a larger footprint this year.

So i'm thinking of wrapping these beuties in 245.35/18 kuhmo XS's. Any thoughts before i order?
                We talking fronts? I'm assuming so from the braking comment.

The tires throw down some crazy numbers (1.01G on a stock E92 328i!), but that's a big sucker. Since your car is so purpose built though, I'm sure you're willing to BFH anything you need to get those on (and it's entirely possible with creative hammering in the wheel wells).

I'm sure your entry speeds will increase, 245 XS' are ridiculous for a ~2900lb car.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  Jay,

Just received my 17x7.5" SSR Type C, ET 37 Miata fitment.

Plan on running sticky 215/40/17s. I'm leaning toward a 20mm spacer over 15mm.

Thoughts?
                  15mm front 20mm rear. Will look sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Thanks!

Off to order some spacers.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Yeah. A 225/45 is possible all around with a flat fender roll in the rear though.
                      Thanks again, sorry to do this but one more possibility for right now.

If I stick with a 215/45/16 can I pull off a 16x8 et15 in front and a 16x9 et18 in the rear?

*edit* Also the two tires I was looking at in the 215/45/16 are the Kuhmo XS and the Falken RT-615 if that makes any differnece in fitment. Also which of the two would you recommend? Or would you recommend something else entirely?
                      Last edited by maniacmatt; 02-11-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I'm sure your entry speeds will increase, 245 XS' are ridiculous for a ~2900lb car.
                        2200lbs :)

I already have the fenders cut to shit and IE flares covering up the mess i made with a grinder. I'm more wondering about the quality of the tire. maybe a 225/40/18 star specs instead???
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

yes it will, that's a sexy wheel!
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Not with gobs of torque at an autocross :)

But daily driving and race tracks, I would have to agree. The law of diminishing returns really kicks in on anything wider that a 225 on an e30.

We ran 10" Goodyear Slick (porsche cup) tires on a an e30 that didn't have a roll cage and you could hear the car tiwsting and trying to pull itself apart....
                            Meaning, there IS such a thing as too much grip for a given car.

J.
                            J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

I'm looking at getting a set of BBS RS with the following specs

RS068
                              15x7 et0
                              4x98

RS069
                              15x8 et12
                              4x98

I know I'll need to use flexfit/wobble bolts to get the lugs to fit as well as centering rings.

What tires should I run on these? Will these fit on H&R sport (maybe additional 15mm drophat in the front) without fender modification? I'm not in to the stretched look so a decent tire width in the rear would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmatt View Post
                                Thanks again, sorry to do this but one more possibility for right now.

If I stick with a 215/45/16 can I pull off a 16x8 et15 in front and a 16x9 et18 in the rear?

*edit* Also the two tires I was looking at in the 215/45/16 are the Kuhmo XS and the Falken RT-615 if that makes any differnece in fitment. Also which of the two would you recommend? Or would you recommend something else entirely?
                                Yup, you'll be fine with those offsets and the 215s.

The XS is significantly faster than the RT-615, I'd go with it. Make sure you check out Discount Tire Direct's rebate on the Falkens though, I think it's 60 or 80 off a set. Both tires will be fun to drive on.

Comment

Working...
                                X