Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeff_b View Post
    This may have been asked before, so forgive my laziness. 16X7 40 offset 225 45 16 tire. Is there any way to get them on?
    15-20mm spacers all around. Doesn't need fender mods.

Comment

Thank you!
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
      -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

looking at wheel 7x15 et8 with tires are 225 50 15 yokohama a048 on late e30. will they fit? what about 8x15 et4 with the same tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          Yay Jay is back <3

16x7 Alpinas, I think they're et28, they might be different though.

225/45/16? Any rolling, etc? Dropped on races.
          Okay what about 215/45/16?

Also what spacers to put it fairly flush?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            Okay what about 215/45/16?

Also what spacers to put it fairly flush?
            20 - 25 would probably look good... It wouldn't be truly flush though, but you're going to be running 215s yea?

Comment

Yeah I'm just thinking I might have to space it out to fill out the wells a little better.

Comment

I called CCW earlier today about ordering a custom set of classic 4's for my e30. They told me that they have never done a set for an e30, and that he would need the offset to produce my set. So I was wondering if some one could fill me in on the offset I would need to run a 16x7.5 in the front and 16x9 in the rear for direct bolt on with no spacers.
                Thanks,
                Josh

1989 BMW 325IS TURBO. CCW Classic 4's 16x8 Fronts 16x9 Rears. Turbonetics T-4 60-1, 72 LBS. RC Injectors, Megasquirt Stand Alone, Walboro 255Lph Fuel Pump, Tial 38mm Waste Gate, Tial 50mm BOV, Innovate Wide Band, Turbosmart Eboost 2, O-Ringed Block, ARP Head Studs, Eagle Forged Rods, JE Forged Pistons Over Bored o 85mm,Direct Ignition, 3'' Exhaust, 24x12x3 Leke Intercooler, Innovate Turbo Timer, Devils Own Methanol Injection.

Comment

Hey guys...I'm new to e30's but not to aggressive fitments. I'm looking to see if its feasible to stuff 16x9/17x9 using 5 lug adapters (20mm). My car is an 89 325is, and will have suspension of some sort before I get wheels, although I'm not sure yet. I have no problem rolling my fenders/quarters to fit anything. What offset should I be looking for to be super flush front and back knowing I'll already be on a 20mm spacer? Is this too much wheel on these cars? Thanks!

Comment

Suggestions for tire size? I'm using ASA 5-spoke wheels, 15x7, ET25. I'd like to fill the wheel wells as much as possible, without funky handling, rubbing, or tire wear issues. Objective is DD and will eventually get into autocross.

The car is dropped slightly, using M3 springs. I want a nice clean, classic look.

205/55/15 is the standard size. Wondering if 215's or 225's would work.

Tire Rack has Dunlop Direzza's on sale, $250 for set of 4. Any other budget-minded suggestions, without going into the no-name brands?

Comment

this is not e30 related but it is bmw related. they do not have one of these wheel tire fitment threads on the 2002 faq so i will ask here.

i want to run 15x8 wheels on my 2002. what off set should i go with? the wheels I want come in -12 , 0, or +12. depending on what offset I should use what size spacers will i need? i know i will need flares to run these. i was also wondering what size tires would be best?

thanks and cheers!
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

i just found this...

figured it all out. 2002 should run a back space of 4.5 inches. an 8" wide wheel with an offset of et 0 has a 4.5" back space. so i should run et 0 wheels if the are 8" wide right?
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Borbet A reps

any one seen any pics of these things on cars? I'm interested in them and wan tto see how they look on E30s
                          88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                          85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty View Post
                            looking at wheel 7x15 et8 with tires are 225 50 15 yokohama a048 on late e30. will they fit? what about 8x15 et4 with the same tires?
                            7 x 15..et 8 will not likley fit...but poss.

15 x 8 et 4 no as well......

I run a track prepped e 30..late....15 x 8 et 12 rubbed rear fender lip. et 4 is worse.

I run 15 x 7 et 17 up frt..fine....do we have 9 mm more to play?..maybe.

I run 225/50 RA1's
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I am looking to run ix weaves on a 87 vert. I am having a hard time deciding on what size spacers I should run. I was thinking 15mm, but I saw in an earlier post in this thread that 15mm front and 20mm rear would look to best. Is this true, does it even out the tires?
                              If I put 20mm in the back would the fenders need to be rolled?
                              I am also putting m3 springs on so it will be a little lower.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have 90 325i w/ e30 m3 5 lug setup.

Will a 17x8.5 et15 have any chance of fitting? I think i've seen them on an e30 m3, but how much more width does the fender flare on the m3 give over the 325? Any sort of fender massaging will be needed? They're not rolled yet but I'm planning to that this spring.

I would like to run correct size tires, so thats a 245/35/17? Be better off w/ an et38 and spacers?

Currently it has some 17x8 et40 ASA AR1s w/ a 20mm spacer on it that I was hoping to eliminate.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X