Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read through about 80 pages in this thread and i am pretty sure the setup i want to run will fit, but i just want to confirm with you.

front 17x7 et25 with a 215/40/17 rt615 tire
    rear 17x8.5 et 25 with a 235/40/17 rt615

will these fit with a fender roll? the car will be run fairly low on ground control coil overs 450f/700r

also can i get away with running 225/50/15 tires all the way around on 15x7 wheels with a et of 26?

thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by kpgli84 View Post
      I have read through about 80 pages in this thread and i am pretty sure the setup i want to run will fit, but i just want to confirm with you.
      Noobs, pay attention. You could learn something from this guy.

Comment

^ seriously.

Also, that should fit but i'd plan on a fender roll for sure, especially if the cars going to be dumped.

Comment

Originally posted by 95///M3 View Post
          89 325is coupe - running BBS RC's - 16x7.5 et35. Emphasis on performance over asthetics. H&R race springs will be installed at the same time along with undecided shocks. Suggested tire size?
          10-15mm spacers and any of the following tire sizes: 205/50, 215/45, 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
            In the future I want to run a set of 16x7 O.Z. Ultraleggera on my '87 4dr
            I am running ground control coilovers and billy sports.
            I am mearly asking about what tires I should run and any other bits since I am planning on tucking a TINY bit of tire. Before the rims and tires I am getting GC front camber plates and rear weld in E30tech camber fix. Also doing lug nut stems instead of the short fat headed e30 lugs. Sorry if there is a better word for lug nut stems

And info about what I should do or get would be grand. Spacer size would be good too.
            P.S. 210-215 in the front and 225 in the rears?http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
            15mm spacers, up to 225/45 will fit all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
              So it turns out the wheels are ET35, but I still want to do a 25mm rear and a 20mm front, putting me at ET10 rear and ET15 front. Will I still have to roll (I don't have objection to doing so) the rears ? What about if I run a 205/40/16? Or would I be better off going 25mm all around and putting both ends at ET10?
              You'll be fine, even with the 205/50 it should just clear your early arches. Worst case the slightest of fender rolls back there, if it's not already done.

Comment

Originally posted by cybourg13 View Post
                will i need spacers for the Kerscher Carmona wheels 16x9 ET15(i think) all around? and what tires would you think do best on them on a 88 vert 325ic with billy sports and H&R race springs. i was thinking either 215/40-16 or 205/40-16
                You'll need 3mm spacers to clear the front struts safely. I recommend 205/45/16.

Comment

Originally posted by vpracer325 View Post
                  Hi i chose to go with a differant wheel any way what came off was a 15x8 offset -6 what needs to go on is 15x7 offset 20 what size spacers im gonna need please!!!!????
                  thanks again!!!
                  39mm. Yeah, probably not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kpgli84 View Post

front 17x7 et25 with a 215/40/17 rt615 tire
                    rear 17x8.5 et 25 with a 235/40/17 rt615

will these fit with a fender roll? the car will be run fairly low on ground control coil overs 450f/700r

also can i get away with running 225/50/15 tires all the way around on 15x7 wheels with a et of 26?

thanks alot
                    The rear setup will be tough, but should be okay with such stiff rates and a flat fender roll.

The 15" setup is fine.

Comment

I have rolled my rear fenders for 16x9 et14.
                      With Dunlop sp9000 215/40R16 the rim protector is under 1mm from touching the arch when hitting the bump stop.
                      Do you think it will be possible to fit 16x9,5 et08 with the same tyres whitout rubbing?
                      My e30

Comment

Originally posted by Yngvejos View Post
                        I have rolled my rear fenders for 16x9 et14.
                        With Dunlop sp9000 215/40R16 the rim protector is under 1mm from touching the arch when hitting the bump stop.
                        Do you think it will be possible to fit 16x9,5 et08 with the same tyres whitout rubbing?
                        I think you answered your own question. Not without pulling/flaring the arches slightly.

Comment

The wheels are bbs rs003's 16x7 et25, stock lips and e30 fittment. the rs was always the wheel i'd want to run on my old euro cars.

but i need some help on tire size, possible spacers and/or different lips. since they are 003's, lips would be costly as they would have to come straight from kodiak.

the car is an 86 4 door, ideally i'd like to retain stock lips, flat caps will give the illusion of dish, and i would like a small amount of poke front/rear, maybe et15 front and et5 rear? i haven't had time to test fit and measure out exactly the spacer size i'd like.

next question is tire size, ideally a 185 tire would give me the sidewall profile i want, but can't find a 16" 185 tire. what combination of 195/xxR16 would work to give a very minimal stretch?

thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by chrismkay3 View Post
                            The wheels are bbs rs003's 16x7 et25, stock lips and e30 fittment. the rs was always the wheel i'd want to run on my old euro cars.

but i need some help on tire size, possible spacers and/or different lips. since they are 003's, lips would be costly as they would have to come straight from kodiak.

the car is an 86 4 door, ideally i'd like to retain stock lips, flat caps will give the illusion of dish, and i would like a small amount of poke front/rear, maybe et15 front and et5 rear? i haven't had time to test fit and measure out exactly the spacer size i'd like.

next question is tire size, ideally a 185 tire would give me the sidewall profile i want, but can't find a 16" 185 tire. what combination of 195/xxR16 would work to give a very minimal stretch?

thanks for any help
                            I like your offset choices. Best part is that since you're only playing with spacers instead of rebuilding the wheel you can easily adjust to taste.

195/50 is a good size, but the sidewall might be a bit too tall for looks (google search for pics of it). 195/45 is a SHORT tire, but you can pull it off with a low enough ride height.

Comment

Going to run a 16x7.5 et20 rim front and rear but I'm undecided on tire size... 195/50 since it'll have a little bit of stretch or maybe a 205/50 maybe a little bit wider if it will fit decently. It'll be on a daily driven car so I'd like to try and keep rubbing down but, also be able to get rid of as much of my wheel gap as possible with the GCs that are going on this weekend (standard height konis and strut housings)

Comment

39mm. Yeah, probably not gonna happen.

alright it seems a lot harder than i thought to find wheels for this thing so im gonna try a differant approach since you are obviously the god of wheel fittment!!!!

87 325is with zender wide body wheels were 15x8 offset -6

I am looking for a 15" wheel at least 7 in wide and im open to using spacers or adapters and im on a limited budget do you have any ideas on wheels?? thanks again for all your help!!

Comment

Working...
                                X