Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got some kosei k1s, what would i need spacer wise to run these, if any? Also the car is an 89 so it has the low arches, suspension is bilstein sports with h&r sport springs with a coil cut in the front so it's closer to h&r race.
    specs.
    4x100, et. +43, 16x7.5, with 205/40/16 tires.
    Edit: still need spacer info but can you recommend a better tire size, i realized tonight that the 40 series sidewalls are not going to work. What would be a better tire to run.
    Last edited by noE30; 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

15x8 et4 mit 205 55 15: fender roll or more aggressive pulling of the fenders?

Comment

I am looking into getting a set of 16x8 0 offset wheels and I would like to fill a 2 inch flare. Andy idea on what size spacer I would need?

Comment

Finally I have something to post in here.

I just picked up some wheels. I'm looking to put some new lips on there and am wondering what sizes I should go with for semi-flush fitment. I don't plan on having a bunch of camber, but i'm ok with a little stretch on the tire. Fenders will be rolled. What fits the best? 2" lips up front and 2.5" in the back? Final offsets?

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by Philo; 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM.
          -tim
          Originally posted by Jordan
          I like the stance
          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by AutoXinE30 View Post
            Going to run a 16x7.5 et20 rim front and rear but I'm undecided on tire size... 195/50 since it'll have a little bit of stretch or maybe a 205/50 maybe a little bit wider if it will fit decently. It'll be on a daily driven car so I'd like to try and keep rubbing down but, also be able to get rid of as much of my wheel gap as possible with the GCs that are going on this weekend (standard height konis and strut housings)
            You should have enough room for even 225/45/16 without fender rolling. 205/50s will be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
              Ive got some kosei k1s, what would i need spacer wise to run these, if any? Also the car is an 89 so it has the low arches, suspension is bilstein sports with h&r sport springs with a coil cut in the front so it's closer to h&r race.
              specs.
              4x100, et. +43, 16x7.5, with 205/40/16 tires.
              Edit: still need spacer info but can you recommend a better tire size, i realized tonight that the 40 series sidewalls are not going to work. What would be a better tire to run.
              What's your goal with these? Flush fitment or biggest tire possible?

Flush (sort of): 20mm front, 25mm rear. 205/50 tires.
              Big tires: 20mm all around, 225/45/16 tires.

Neither should require fender rolling, but the flush one will be tight with the relatively soft rear springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty View Post
                15x8 et4 mit 205 55 15: fender roll or more aggressive pulling of the fenders?
                Needs about 16mm more room than the stock, unrolled late fenders provide. Realistically, a slight pull in the rear may be necessary on a late model, with a roll enough for an early car.

Comment

Originally posted by 88driftIS View Post
                  I am looking into getting a set of 16x8 0 offset wheels and I would like to fill a 2 inch flare. Andy idea on what size spacer I would need?
                  2" flare meaning exactly 2" more clearance than stock? It's doubtful, as even the different shape will change the exact measurement of what you get.

This will be trial and error. Mount them without spacers and measure, being careful of what you believe to be the most likely area to contact first.

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                    Finally I have something to post in here.

I just picked up some OZ Fittipaldi's 15x7 et28. I'm looking to put some new lips on there and am wondering what sizes I should go with for semi-flush fitment. I don't plan on having a bunch of camber, but i'm ok with a little stretch on the tire. Fenders will be rolled. What fits the best? 2" lips up front and 2.5" in the back? Final offsets?

Thanks in advance.
                    Assuming the stock lips are 0.5" (I have no clue).

Front with 2" lips: 15x8.5 +9
                    Rear with 2.5" lips: 15x9 +3

That's extremely aggressive, honestly. You may want to back down your lip choices, perhaps by a half inch (leaving you with 15x8 +16 and 15x8.5 +9).

Comment

Jay you're awesome.
                      Just want to make sure if I'm doing anything wrong here:

15x8 all around.
                      ET25 <- (Anything required to fit correctly? Don't want super poke)
                      195/50 <- (Flush with rim or stretched? Sidewall too short or high?)
                      Fenders aren't rolled. (yet..?)

I don't really want that super Euro poke, but a tad will be fine.
                      Super stretch is a no no. Though a SLIGHT stretch/flush wheel fitment is grand.

Did I leave anything out?
                      Thanks in advance!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

195/50 will probably give you considerable stretch and for what you're aiming for, I'd go about 205/45-50. From my understanding (and Jay is the boss on this subject), you may need a slight fender roll.
                        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Assuming the stock lips are 0.5" (I have no clue).

Front with 2" lips: 15x8.5 +9
                          Rear with 2.5" lips: 15x9 +3

That's extremely aggressive, honestly. You may want to back down your lip choices, perhaps by a half inch (leaving you with 15x8 +16 and 15x8.5 +9).
                          Oh sorry. The stock lips are. . .uh, not sure how it works. I'm new to the multi-piece game. I think they are reverse lips, but am not sure if it is total span, or just the inner span that is measured. Pic attached.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Philo; 04-04-2010, 03:29 PM.
                          -tim
                          Originally posted by Jordan
                          I like the stance
                          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

I will be running 18" Alpinas on my e30 M3, got a few questions for tire size and offset:

Wheels are 18x8 et 20 up front, 18x9 et24 out back.

For pretty flush fitment, with a decent tire I was thinking:

et 12-14 up front with a 225/40/18 on the 8"

et 16-18 out back with a 245/40/18 on the 9"

Will this work? Will the tires look roughly the same size? I would really appreciate your input Jay! :D
                            Last edited by e30polak; 04-04-2010, 08:55 PM.
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What about 215/40/17/front and 245/35/17/r on 17*7.5 BBS RX et 33? Fender rolling/spacers?

Comment

vpracer325

Posts: 90 39mm. Yeah, probably not gonna happen.

alright it seems a lot harder than i thought to find wheels for this thing so im gonna try a differant approach since you are obviously the god of wheel fittment!!!!

87 325is with zender wide body wheels were 15x8 offset -6

I am looking for a 15" wheel at least 7 in wide and im open to using spacers or adapters and im on a limited budget do you have any ideas on wheels?? thanks again for all your help!! olts covered or five lug wheels to kedep with the m3 look of the widebody. i was looking at the esm 002 bbs reps but those are the ones that would use a 39mm spacer, they are however in the general price range at $600 plus spacers. I have the money ready to go as soon as i find some damn wheels!

P.S. sorry to be a pain in your arse

Also to narrow it down some i either want wheels with the lug b

Comment

Working...
                                X