Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one more question...

Looking to get some 16X8's with et15....what tire size i should run to avoid any rubbing issues? late model sitting on Tockico or whatever shocks and springs.

So wanting to close the wheel gap with out having to lower the car more, also still having little stretched look on them.

thanks!
    Originally posted by e30e
    lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      The front will be fine, the rears should be okay with an absolutely flat roll and those springs. It'll be close though! Be sure to bring the car out to the E30 meet, I should be scheduling that for next month.
      Oh absolutely! I cant wait to make it out to an event! Thanks for the info, I picked up the tires today, and sending payment for the wheels tomorrow. the wheels are in motion, no pun intended.

Comment

Hey Mystikal,

I have a set of IX weaves 15x7 et41.
        My question is how much can I space them out with IE3s? 25mm too much?
        Im currently running 195/60/15. I want them as flush as possible.

Thanks
        -Nick
        Originally posted by 87e30
        First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Yup, you need higher offset inners. The ones you have now aren't at all ideal for going wide. With the right starting point 16x9.5 is easy.
          They're already redrilled to 4x100 and powdercoated. I didn't buy the lips yet so I'm going to bolt up the 16x7 without a tire and try to build a mock up of how far a 16x9.5 will come out in the rear.......

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Quick test fit of the 16x7 et24 rear. These are with the 1"inch lips. If I pull the flat edge of the fender out it will give me another 3/4 of an inch. 3.5"inch lips going to be tough.....

Comment

re-----16x9 et 15

i cant find anything decent in a 225/40/16. would i be better off going with a 215/45/16?

i just dont want a whole lot of stretch. are the 225/45/16 definately not going to work?

how about a 245/35/16?
              Last edited by kpgli84; 05-16-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpgli84 View Post
                re-----16x9 et 15

i cant find anything decent in a 225/40/16. would i be better off going with a 215/45/16?

i just dont want a whole lot of stretch. are the 225/45/16 definately not going to work?

how about a 245/35/16?
                toyo t1r are not decent?
                Originally posted by FredK
                However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                Feedback

Comment

found a set of wheels, need fitment help

someone local has a set of sportmax XXR 513 wheels for sale, its a staggered setup.

Rears are 15x8 ET0

Fronts are 15x7 ET18

I am currently on Eibach springs and bilstein shocks. will this set up work on my 89 325is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRival View Post
                    someone local has a set of sportmax XXR 513 wheels for sale, its a staggered setup.

Rears are 15x8 ET0

Fronts are 15x7 ET18

I am currently on Eibach springs and bilstein shocks. will this set up work on my 89 325is?
                    You'll have poke out back but yes they'll work. I believe someone on R3V has that set up already.

Comment

Thanks OOOMPH, i am looking at fender flares in the near future! :)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRival View Post
                        Thanks OOOMPH, i am looking at fender flares in the near future! :)
                        You won't even need them, pull the exterior flat edge of the fender out to make it more parallel to the ground. Look at the pics I posted above. They're my stock fenders not pulled yet but you'll see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by OOMPH! View Post
                          You won't even need them, pull the exterior flat edge of the fender out to make it more parallel to the ground. Look at the pics I posted above. They're my stock fenders not pulled yet but you'll see what I'm talking about.
                          yup i know exactly what you mean! thanks for the heads up :)

Comment

To all those questioning 3 piece wheel measuring use this link and information, it's GOLDEN for this thread.

Comment

hey i have a few questions. Im pretty new at this whole wheel and tire deal so i admit i dont know much. I really want some 17" wheels. I found some DRAG DR-19 wheels that are 17x7.5" I really like the look and the price is pretty good for me since im a college kid. It says that the offset is 42mm. I am just wondering if there is anyway i could work with that offset and what i would have to do to make them fit. I want 17's that will fit pretty flush with the fenders. Im not a really big fan with having the wheels poke out. I also think that the tires that would look pretty good on them would be 215/45/17. would that tire size work pretty good without giving it the "stretched" look?

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
                                toyo t1r are not decent?
                                i like T1R's, i have them on my MK1 Jetta GLI

the only problem is that i cannot find anywhere online selling them right now... any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X