Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khnordeen View Post
    I really appreciate the help.

What would be a good stud length to run?
    Are you talking about studs or bolts? Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by alpine e92 View Post
      i have a set of wheels 16x8 and the tires are 225/45/16, i want a smaller tire, what would you suggest?
      205/50/16

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenSolid View Post
        planning on getting a staggared set of esm 002...they are

Front: 16x7.5 20mm offset
        rear: 16x9 20mm offset (they come in 10 also)

iam on ie3 springs and i have rolled fenders in the back. iam currently running (245/35 on et25 17x8.5) without much trouble in the back. id like to fit meatiest tire i can in the rear without pulling rear fenders/rubbing. not a big fan of stretch tires.
        225/45 will be extremely tight, but should work with a flat roll. It will fit all around.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post
          BBS RG-F 15x6.5 ET37
          They are really light forged JDM BBS wheels, but the offset is high.

Even with a 20mm spacer, it's still 10mm less poke than my current wheels (7.5 wide, ET20).

What would you recommend if I want to run those wheels?
          Ideally I'd go 15mm front 20mm rear and a nice sticky 205/50 (RT615K, AD08, XS, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Would 195/50/16s be a bit too streched for my wheels?
            I can't find what you asked, but...no? That would mount on anything up to a 9".

Comment

Originally posted by Streetlight View Post
              So I'm sure you get a lot of these, and I can understand it might be frustrating to answer these questions but I was wondering which, if any of these will fit on e30s without spacers.

15x8 et 10

17x7.5 et 20

16x8 et 25

I'm sorry to make a post like this, but I promise once I learn some more about e30s, I'll try to contribute to the community :)
              All but the last, which would just need a 3mm to clear the struts safely with most tires.

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                Looking to buy a set of new tires for my BBS RS ET55 wich came in 17x9.5 all arround. Got my custom made inner barrels to make the front in 17x8 and keep the rear for 17x9.5. This is of corse in a e36 318ti 5 lug swapp e30. Coilover setup.

I will need some custom fender work but that's not a issue. Looking to get the Falken Azenis but I'm not sure what size get. We have bumpy/cracked roads down here, lot of pot holes, that means I cna't use a very small side wall height like 35 or below, I would rather stcik with something in the 40-45 depending on size of corse.

What would you recomend me for my e30 turbo from the following link as they have all the shown sizes only?

Front: 225/45 ??

Rear: 255/40 o 275/40 ??

Find Falken AZENIS RT-615 tires at great prices, customer reviews and more from the Internet Source for Falken Tires, Vulcan Tire Sales (vulcantire.com). Fast shipping to your home or installer.

Thanks! :-D
                So what is the new front offset? My calculations are saying like +74 but they must have done something different.

You also won't get any tire taller than 24.5" on there easily, so the sizes you mentioned are absolutely impossible. 215/40, 215/45, 235/40....these are what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Are you talking about studs or bolts? Big difference.
                  Both. As you can tell, I'm not very familiar with this.

I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Anyone tried to squeeze the 225/50r16 Bridgestone R11 under the rear of and 89 e30 yet. Im thinking a little over a +20 offset for the wheel.

Comment

I've got one for you, not exactly your typical fitment question: let's say I had some 235/50R15s on some 15x9 +35 wheels. How ginormous of a spacer and how much fender work would I need to fit them with maybe 1" or so of wheel gap? I'd probably be running 2-2.5 degrees of camber up front.

Comment

Hey guys. I was hoping someone could tell me what size spacers to get. I have a 84 325e and 17x7 Racing Harts with a 38 offset and I wish to put on 225/45/17's. Im thinking a set of 10 mms or will I need 12/15's? Thanks.
                        84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

i didnt read the thread so sorry if its already in here.

what offset do i need to clear a 15x9?
                          Originally posted by Lof8
                          Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

i have style 10s w. 15 mm spacers will 205 55 15 rub im not sure aboot what tire i should get?
                            sigpic
                            Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

I just picked up a set of Borbet type A 16x7.5 et30 wheels. I am looking for advice on tire choice as well as spacers if needed, from what I have seen so far I think the et30 should fit. As far as tires, I would like to lean towards slightly oversized vs undersized. 215/50? Thanks in advance

Comment

^ et30 may rub the strut. a small spacer would clear though, and give you decent clearance for rubber. Personally, id go for a 215/45 over a 215/50 r 16

Comment

Working...
                                X