Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 17x7 et38 fit on my 1985 318i without spacers, or how big spacers do I need?

Comment

After reading through this thread I'm unsure if I will need to roll my rear fenders.
      '90 vert on h&r cab sport springs with 16x9 ET 15 rears and 225/40 falken 512s. So I'm not very low and I know the 512s are a bit narrow. Can you clarify? Thanks!

Comment

I need some wheel fitting advice.

I am in the middle of buying a set of mint BBS RS137 rims. Size is 16x7 5x112(drilled and then sleeved) ET 45 they have .5 lips right now. So that would mean 6.5 barrels, is there a down side to this size?

I can get them for 700 from a friend but I have been shopping around to see how I am going to make them fit and I am kinda lost.

I am planning on lip, I was thinking 2.5 rear 2" front. Want around 9R-8.5F
        But the problem is I cannot find adapters without using spacers with them. I don't want to do that, heard it was unsafe.

I talked to Luke! and he said I need adapters with the correct mm to fix the ET.

Also what does the barrels affect when you change lips? Is there a better barrel/lip combo for the E30?

Can someone give me some advice before I spend money on something that will not be proper.

I found these adapters: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-From-Germany

I also found a set from a VW friend with 20-25mm adapters that he will ship them to me for 350.
        Last edited by F34R; 08-10-2010, 12:03 PM.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Jay, I want to run 17" BBS RFs with staggered widths. I want no tire stretch and a flush fit. I run H&R Sport and Bilstein Sports with only one spring pad in the rear. Currently I run 17x7.5" et40 with 20-30mm adapters and the fit is perfect! What width barrels and et should I run? I'd like to see 2" Front and 3" rear lips.
          '08 328i Sedan -daily touring car
          '89 335i Coupe -parting out
          '01 330i Sedan -divorced
          '90 325i Coupe -smashed

e30m50tu@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
            Mystikal - Looks like you are the man to consult. Here's what I'm trying to sort out:

Car - 89 325is

Suspension - 318ti rear with kmac adjustable bushings, E36 M3 front knuckes with Ground Control coil overs, camber plates.

Wheels - 17 x 8 BBS RGR Et 40

I just burned up my first set of tires with the S52 in the car. I had 215/40/17 Azenis RT615s. I wanted more tire, so I bought 235/40/17 Azenis to replace the 215s. They seem to fit on the front fine, however the rear rubs EVER so slightly on the portion of the lip that isn't rolled from the factory. How do I make these fit? I do not want to roll the fenders as I don't want to risk cracking 20 year old original paint. I don't know how much negative camber I have on the rear, but I think it is minimal. I think I could dial in more with the adjustable ecentric bushings. Should more negative camber fix this? Would my 7.5" DS2s fit better? What is the offset on those? 42 I think? I think 2mm would make it fit. machine the RGRs?

What do you think?

Thanks for the help,

Ian
            Ian, same Ian from maX? I love your cars!

Just roll that rear lip man. Use a heat gun on it for about 2 mins, then use the roller to gradually flatten the lip. There is little to no risk if you use a heat gun liberally and work slowly. Original paint is actually a benefit.

Yes all of the methods you mentioned will also get rid of the rubbing (more camber, machining the wheels, running the DS2), but really, just roll 'em! If you are still uncomfortable I'd add camber first, as it's free and has little downside.

Comment

Originally posted by fred purple View Post
              will 17x7 et38 fit on my 1985 318i without spacers, or how big spacers do I need?
              They will physically work, but will be severely sunken into the arches. 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers would be perfect. 215/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by margas View Post
                After reading through this thread I'm unsure if I will need to roll my rear fenders.
                '90 vert on h&r cab sport springs with 16x9 ET 15 rears and 225/40 falken 512s. So I'm not very low and I know the 512s are a bit narrow. Can you clarify? Thanks!
                It will be a close call, too close for me to predict. Go ahead and try it, even if you do rub it will be minor and harmless, and you can decide if you want to roll them at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                  I need some wheel fitting advice.

I am in the middle of buying a set of mint BBS RS137 rims. Size is 16x7 5x112(drilled and then sleeved) ET 45 they have .5 lips right now. So that would mean 6.5 barrels, is there a down side to this size?

I can get them for 700 from a friend but I have been shopping around to see how I am going to make them fit and I am kinda lost.

I am planning on lip, I was thinking 2.5 rear 2" front. Want around 9R-8.5F
                  But the problem is I cannot find adapters without using spacers with them. I don't want to do that, heard it was unsafe.

I talked to Luke! and he said I need adapters with the correct mm to fix the ET.

Also what does the barrels affect when you change lips? Is there a better barrel/lip combo for the E30?

Can someone give me some advice before I spend money on something that will not be proper.

I found these adapters: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-From-Germany

I also found a set from a VW friend with 20-25mm adapters that he will ship them to me for 350.
                  A lot going on here.

First, if you widen them to 16x8.5 and 16x9, the offsets become +26 and +20, respectively. You would then have to add adapters, which are as thin as 18mm. So final offsets would be +8 and +2, at best. Obviously with the 20mm adapters it would be +6 and +0. This is a perfectly viable setup, if you're looking for an extremely aggressive fitment with stretched tires. And by stretched, I mean 205/45 all around or similar with pulled fenders in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Maddog9000 View Post
                    Jay, I want to run 17" BBS RFs with staggered widths. I want no tire stretch and a flush fit. I run H&R Sport and Bilstein Sports with only one spring pad in the rear. Currently I run 17x7.5" et40 with 20-30mm adapters and the fit is perfect! What width barrels and et should I run? I'd like to see 2" Front and 3" rear lips.
                    First off, you cannot have flush and no stretch together. Flush means stretch. I can spec a lot of tire, but it'll never be as flush a stretched setup. Just something to keep in mind.

You can bolt the 2" lip on the fronts and end up with 17x8.5 +28. Use that with a 5mm spacer and you can get a 235/40 on up front.

For the rear, it's tougher. You'll need smaller barrels to get 3" lips on without stretching tires. 5.5" barrels and 3.5" lips make for a 17x9 +22 wheel (you can also go 6" and 3" to make a 17x9 +21 wheel, but the 3.5" lip will look nicer). You can then run the same 235/40 or a 245/35, but you'll need to have the rear arches pulled aggressively with either.

Comment

17x8+35
                      17x9+38
                      5x114.3 - adaptor to 5x120 is 25mm thick, so i've got offsets at +10F/+13R correct?

is that going to look stupid on a narrowbody? 205's all round?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

my specs
                        Eibach Coils front
                        Koni Yellows all around
                        Unknown brand rear
                        H&R 1 inch spacers rear
                        225/50/15
                        Ronal LS 15x7.5 ET25
                        old photos

What is a great way to NOT rub.
                        I rub just by stepping on the throttle.

Is this a solution?
                        Last edited by IminDiegoTriick; 08-12-2010, 01:14 AM.

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                        Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                        I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                          17x8+35
                          17x9+38
                          5x114.3 - adaptor to 5x120 is 25mm thick, so i've got offsets at +10F/+13R correct?

is that going to look stupid on a narrowbody? 205's all round?
                          Sick offsets. The rear will look the same as a 17x10 +20 (Brock B1, Keskin KT1, etc etc). For a late model you'll need to pull the rears slightly. I'd go 205/40 and 225/35, just to keep diameters the same.

Comment

Originally posted by IminDiegoTriick View Post
                            my specs
                            Eibach Coils front
                            Koni Yellows all around
                            Unknown brand rear
                            H&R 1 inch spacers rear
                            225/50/15
                            Ronal LS 15x7.5 ET25
                            old photos

What is a great way to NOT rub.
                            I rub just by stepping on the throttle.

Is this a solution?
                            That is a fantastic site script, it's exactly what I process in my head for each of these replies. Something I should have done 5 years ago! LOL

Yes, 195/50 is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              I've seen guys hit the struts with those exact wheels (and other Borbets with the same specs). You'll want a small, even 3mm spacer on the front to clear them. 215/50 is fine.

Thanks Mystikal, you were right on with the 3mm spacer. Loving these wheels.

I have another question, will 5x120.7 wheels, (old chevy bolt pattern) work on a 5x120 hub?

Comment

I recently came into possession of some cheap sportmax 501 16x8. Obviously the stock lug bolts wont work with these wheels. I know the tuner lugs i need at 12x1.5 but how long for the shank. the ones on ebay are 22mm. I think the stock lugs are 24 and I have seen 28 and 35mm. will the 22mm ones be okay? im a wheel noob.

Comment

Working...
                                X