Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mops View Post
    Hi. I'm kinda back here again. I wanted 16" wheel, but after a bit of local research, I found that over here 17" wheels and tires cost less than 16's. So my only worry now is whether to go 205, 215 or 225. i think (plz correct me if i'm wrong) 205 and 215 will work ok on 7" wheel, while 225 will require 7.5" wheel ?.

205 and 215 tires are the same price here, 225 will be few$$$ more, but I'm will to pay extra for extra grip (if that will give me extra grip, otherwise i dont care). Initially I'll get just whatever cheap tires they will give me with the wheels, later i'll get something decent.

In each case, what ET wheels I need to get (pre facelift e30 coupe), ideally without rolling fenders, but if i have to roll a bit to fit 225's than that's ok aswell...

Thanks in advance...
    225's will mount on a 7" wide wheel no problem, but you'd first have to find 225 E30-friendly 17's. The best size is 225/40/17, which is very rare. 225/35/17 is more common, but you'd have to SLAM the car to not look goofy with those.

A good 215/40/17 will be plenty of grip. With an early car you can get away with something like 17x7 ET20, which will look great and not rub. Once you find particular wheels you like come back here and I'll verify the fitment of them.

Jay

Comment

Most of the customers that bought our 17" x 7.5" ET20 Kopi wheels are using 215/40/17 tires with good results.
      Mel Abrahams
      Abrahams Motorsport
      www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
      E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
      PayPal to:
      order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
      If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
      Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
      Phone:727-992-0288
      Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Heya.

I understand that stock e30 bottlecap is 14x6ET37 with 195/65/14 tire

according this calculator, http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

17x7.5et20 with 215/40/17 tire would be a good ti, as long as it doesn't rub on the outside... but it's slight smaller, ie. 604mm vs stock 610mm, but speedo should be only 1% off according to that...

7.5" wide wheels will give me some slight stretch of the tire? i like visual stretch visually, i hope it will not affect handling adversely. I'll get some firm prices shortly....

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Should work fine, especially since the iX hubs are around 6mm further out than RWD cars (which makes basically all VW wheels work).

Jay
          is the 185 65 14 going to be too small?
          Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
          That Guy.
          03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by mops View Post
            Heya.

I understand that stock e30 bottlecap is 14x6ET37 with 195/65/14 tire

according this calculator, http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

17x7.5et20 with 215/40/17 tire would be a good ti, as long as it doesn't rub on the outside... but it's slight smaller, ie. 604mm vs stock 610mm, but speedo should be only 1% off according to that...

7.5" wide wheels will give me some slight stretch of the tire? i like visual stretch visually, i hope it will not affect handling adversely. I'll get some firm prices shortly....
            Bottlecaps are actually 14x6 ET35, but that doesn't really matter anyways. It will fit, trust me.

A 215/40/17 on a 7.5" will not be perfectly square, and will have a very slight "stretch" (if you can even call it that). Again, VERY slight. It will actually handle better this way.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
              is the 185 65 14 going to be too small?
              It's slightly smaller than stock, but you won't have any adverse affects functionally. I ran that same size for a while as my winters (everywhere was sold out of the 185/70/14 I wanted).

Jay

Comment

What offsets do I need to run to fit a 17x9.5 wheel?!? :)
                sigpic

Comment

Rota.....

Ive been considering the Slipstreams in 15/7.5, et 20. I currently run K1's 15/7 at et 27. Th frts are real close to the tubes, but are fine.

W/ my calculations.....the inside clearance w/ the Rotas will actually be more( by about 1 mm).....Im concerned about the outside clearance to the fender lips. I think Ill be like 13mm further out..... Im hoping I can buy one wheel to test fit.

Any experience w/ these?..I think the 7.5, et 20's are a bit new

I run RA1's..225/50.

tia.
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                    What offsets do I need to run to fit a 17x9.5 wheel?!? :)
                    lmao, all around? ET13 will clear the insides, if you run 225/35/17's all around you have a chance in hell of getting them under stock bodywork.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
                      Ive been considering the Slipstreams in 15/7.5, et 20. I currently run K1's 15/7 at et 27. Th frts are real close to the tubes, but are fine.

W/ my calculations.....the inside clearance w/ the Rotas will actually be more( by about 1 mm).....Im concerned about the outside clearance to the fender lips. I think Ill be like 13mm further out..... Im hoping I can buy one wheel to test fit.

Any experience w/ these?..I think the 7.5, et 20's are a bit new

I run RA1's..225/50.

tia.
                      They make 15x7.5 ET20 Slipstreams now? I remember spec'ing the 15x8 ones, dunno if you made a typo or if they actually made another size.

In either case, your fitment will require some work, rolling the fender lips flat should be enough as long as you have a decently stiff suspension (probably, since you're running RA-1s). Those Toyos don't run extremely wide like a Hoosier, so you should be *just* okay with a good rolling.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        They make 15x7.5 ET20 Slipstreams now? I remember spec'ing the 15x8 ones, dunno if you made a typo or if they actually made another size.

In either case, your fitment will require some work, rolling the fender lips flat should be enough as long as you have a decently stiff suspension (probably, since you're running RA-1s). Those Toyos don't run extremely wide like a Hoosier, so you should be *just* okay with a good rolling.

Jay
                        Jay.....they seem like they are a new size. Im thinking some rolling will do as well. W/ my dropped HR race springs I run alot of neg camber.......we'll see,....

thnx.....
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I have a 17x7 inch wheel.

215/40/17 is optimum correct?

Would a 225/40/17 be too fat on a 7 inch wide wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                            I have a 17x7 inch wheel.

215/40/17 is optimum correct?

Would a 225/40/17 be too fat on a 7 inch wide wheel?
                            215/40/17. There is only one 225/40/17 and it sucks.

Jay

Comment

Jay, can I use a 225/45/17? Seems to be more choices. I obviously don't want to look like I am on balloons.

Comment

25mm spacers.. unsafe and retarded?? input please.

TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X